My Emu hatching thread (come join me)

Quote:
They do fit in most bators
wink.png

BTW, its around 50 days LOL

Uh oh...they fit in most 'bators, huh? Hmmm....50 days? I remember hatching out reptiles...some of those took FOREVER!

Yep, hatched mine in a styro hovabator
big_smile.png
It sounds like a while, but it actually went surprisingly fast, for me anyways LOL! I couldn't imagine waiting much longer though, some reptiles do take a really long time. What kinds of reptiles did you raise?

Quote:
Uh oh...they fit in most 'bators, huh? Hmmm....50 days? I remember hatching out reptiles...some of those took FOREVER!

big_smile.png
It sounds like a while, but it actually went surprisingly fast, for me anyways LOL! I couldn't imagine waiting much longer though, some reptiles do take a really long time. What kinds of reptiles did you raise?

I had leucistic & hypomelanistic bearded dragons, veiled chameleons, red tegus and Brazilian redhead cherry foot tortoises. I also have Uromastyx for a while and some Jackson's Chameleons

Quote:
big_smile.png

I had leucistic & hypomelanistic bearded dragons, veiled chameleons, red tegus and Brazilian redhead cherry foot tortoises. I also have Uromastyx for a while and some Jackson's Chameleons

Wow, great assortment. I would definitely have a chameleon or two if they were legal here, but unfortunately they aren't. I love the different bearded dragon morphs, and basically anything leucistic
smile.png

I have a gentleman that I purchase feed from and he happens to have Emu's. Called him the other day and he may be willing to sell me some chicks., Just looking for 2 - 3. What is a reasonable price for chicks - they will probably be a week old or so when I get them?

Also, is the head marking method of sexing fairly accurate?

Here in FL they go anywhere from $50 -$100 as chicks, most adults you can find for that price at times too from people who decided they didn't want them. The bullseye method is a skilled art as many wavy patterns can form a bullseye too. Unless their is No circle,( mostly circle, line that goes in almost a circle or dot on the head)...... it may be a girl... hehe

So, I am guessing the price is average. Well, I was going to try to hatch but the eggs can be almost $20 each, a hatched chick seems a better bet.

Are the males the ones with a bullseye?

Need to add: BTW LOVE the pics of your Emu's! Such sweeties!

Last edited:
well im down to 4 emu eggs in the bator. one was oozing. i checked them the night before, turned them, and then in the morning YUCK!!! i cracked it open anyway. No development at all. I hope the others make it!

yeah im lucky it didnt. it had little drops of ooze.... so i got to it just in time. i thought about throwing it at my rude mean nasty neighbors door......
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom