My Experimental/Mad Scientist Breed Project

You'll notice in that article Dv of La fleche is 100% incomplete reducing tissue and splitting where as Dc is just splitting without tissue reduction and over 30% of the females with a single copy Dc won't express at all.(my theory is this is because females already have greatly reduced tissue and thus a split without additional reduction doesnt show up) That is why I'm using both in my crosses. I may choose one over the other but until I know if I can split and have lots of tissue using Dv, I don't want to eliminate Dc.

Last edited:
I agree.. And if you look at their heritage, they came from Malay breedings. I don't use them for my project because of the stature.

I thought of dark Cornish as well when reading your specs. It does not take a great deal to put some leg under them, especially considering you already have the Malay. Plus a secondary benefit is with a potential project like this you will have thousands of birds that won't measure up over the course of this endeavor. Having some meat on the rejects makes them a lot easier to move.

Last edited:
Big Medicine,we spoke on the phone awhile back,and I called the man whom had bought a lot of your burds,and got no reply back. If you wanna partner on these,I'm building a new breeding chicken house,will be done in a few weeks,and will be able to have 3 very large,and 5 smaller pens all inside. Breeding stock imho is too valuable to leave free range with all the coyotes,ect that are looking for a free meal.

Back
Top Bottom