My favorite chicken died to a cat

the black cat could have killed your hen, but it wasn't for "sport". IT would have been for food, so the cat is not regularly fed, it was hungry. Maybe you should pen them at night! That would solve your problem. Try being a good farmer and protect your animals!!! No reason to kill an animal hunting for food when the owner is lackadaisical about protecting and properly containing her "pets"!!
honestly that cat has been killing everything and it even attacked my neighbor and he had to get stitches. i do put them away almost every night she just decided to leave without the flock. that black cat will kill my neighbors polish chicks\adult chickens and i haven't seen it recently however the golden eagles came back to the valley and have been picking off cats all the time so it was probably eaten. there are also lots of large owls and small predators that eat cats where i live. i have no like for that cat as it is just overall mean and none of the other cats have caused problems. if i find it and catch it i will humanely dispatch it immediately.

Cats who kill for sport don't carry a chicken off over hill and dale.

When I switched my cats from kibble to homemade I stopped finding piles of feathers from songbirds. There was something missing from the kibble and they supplemented themselves with robins and sparrows. I agree the cat is either not being fed enough, or is being fed a lesser quality food.
interesting!
You could actually fix the problem by leaving food out for the cat.
i will absolutely not be leaving food out for the stray cats as that won't help my problem at all. (not trying to be rude, i like cats just not the feral outdoor cats)

Back
Top Bottom