My first $3000 egg !

Nodakj

Songster
Jul 22, 2022
1.45 hrs straight east of Fargo ND
Got my first egg tonight when i went to check on the girls. It was out in the run just laying there. I suspect one of my australorps. But not sure how to really find out.
20230116_190000.jpg

Do you have a coop cam? Make sure to put the next egg layed in the nesting box if she doesnt. Also you can figure out who layed it by, who has a red comb, who squats down when you try to pick them up. And then the bones that are right below the butt of the chickens should be 2 to 4 inches apart i think.

They were hatched August 1st 2022. It was a warm 33°F tonight when i found it. I do a nightly head count on the perch to make sure they are all accounted for and none are locked out when the automatic door closes. I have had their nestboxes open since last week. Hope they get the idea to lay in the nest boxes. I have fake straw and 2 ceramic eggs in each box. My son and I are thrilled !

They were hatched August 1st 2022. It was a warm 33°F tonight when i found it. I do a nightly head count on the perch to make sure they are all accounted for and none are locked out when the automatic door closes. I have had their nestboxes open since last week. Hope they get the idea to lay in the nest boxes. I have fake straw and 2 ceramic eggs in each box. My son and I are thrilled !
I was thrilled with my first eggs to! Just a tip for the future opening the nesting boxes at 13 weeks old helps mine learn what they are for. I would check the pelvic bones(i think they were called that). Im sure all will follow! Also what chicken breeds do you have it will narrow down who layed?

Do you have a coop cam? Make sure to put the next egg layed in the nesting box if she doesnt. Also you can figure out who layed it by, who has a red comb, who squats down when you try to pick them up. And then the bones that are right below the butt of the chickens should be 2 to 4 inches apart i think.
I do not have a coop cam. I do have ceramic eggs in the nesting boxes. There is a couple squatting, one or two australorps and maybe 2 light brahmas. None of my buff orpingtons seem to squat yet.

I was thrilled with my first eggs to! Just a tip for the future opening the nesting boxes at 13 weeks old helps mine learn what they are for. I would check the pelvic bones(i think they were called that). Im sure all will follow! Also what chicken breeds do you have it will narrow down who layed?
Yeah i was thinking they were getting close judging by there comb and wattle development. Then i had several squat for me. I have Buff Orpingtons, Light Brahmas, and Australorps.

Back
Top Bottom