My first baby chicken rescue

hit.gif
Little Bit died.
sad.png
I think the sharp rock I got out killed her. Her crop was full this morning but nothing could go thru her.
Other two are just fine & I gave them a mealworm and they were begging for more
tongue.png

Well I'm gonna focus on these other babies and all my other chickens & quit being so mad....
Miriam

Poor little poopers - i'm so glad the found their way too you. I'm sorry you lost one.

If I were you I would report the hotel to the local humane society or animal control. Animal Abandonment is illegal!

Yeah, you might want to actually... call the local human society, I mean. If nothing else, you should go down and give the manager an earful. Not that I think this will happen again, but people need to learn to take responsibility. Honestly the manager should have contacted the humane society and reported the couple who left them in the first place.

It's really sad how the chain of irresponsibilty and thoughtlessness led to the death of an animal.

I'm very sorry she died.
sad.png

Last edited:
Thank goodness you were able to save them...I really detest stupid people....what were they thinking?? Oh, right they weren't! I would report the manager to the local ASPCA or animal warden...they deserve to be reprimanded, or fined.

Poor babies!

thank yall for your support...it's been a tough day,I've never lost a baby chic before.
hit.gif

If I knew that lady who saved them won't get in trouble I would say something to the manager... I don't want her to lose her job...they're tough to find around here.
Yall can see I live in Louisiana... most folks around could care less about chickens...( not trying to offend anyone) We don't even have an animal warden I think in this whole state... we are sooo behind in many ways here.
sad.png

Hey soon I'll post some pics of my spoiled babies & I want to find out what breed they are.
Yall take care now, thanks everyone so much.... Miriam

Just read the update on Lil Bit, so sorry for your loss bayouchica. :aww Remember that you did your best and gave the little peep a fighting chance. Your love and gentle touch went a long way to make Lil Bit's passing peaceful.
hugs.gif

I'm so glad the other two are doing well.
jumpy.gif
Have you thought of names for them yet?

I am also sorry to hear about your loss. The little chick might of had a chance if the manager had called the humane society or taken them to that place you went to in the first place. People just don't know how fragile a chick can be. He probably thought they could fend for themselves. People see chickens as a throw away commondity anyway. I will be looking forward to your updates and I look forward to see what kind of birds they are.

Back
Top Bottom