My First Coop

Big Red Roo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Waco Tx
Although the coop was completed over a month ago, Ijust now had time to sit down and shair with every one.

Day One
37706_new_coop_001.jpg

37706_new_coop_002.jpg

37706_new_coop_003.jpg

37706_new_coop_005.jpg

Completed Coop
yippiechickie.gif

37706_new_coop_026.jpg

My Rooster. I dont know what he is he was free. Can you help me?
37706_new_coop_009.jpg

My hens 1 welsomer & 2 marans
37706_new_coop_010.jpg

37706_new_coop_024.jpg

The stand off
37706_the_stand_off.jpg

The Flogging I wish you could have seen that little dog run
wee.gif

37706_the_flogging_019.jpg

Just to let you know the chihuahua is AnnaBell 1 of our dogs I also have 3 BostonTerriers, Dugan, Biskit, & Purditia. AnnaBell Wont go anywhere near the chickens now. If you know what kind of rooster that is Please let me know. I call him Big Red. I hope to have more hens soon. This is a fun hobie. Yall have been a big help. I have posted some questions . That yall answered for me.

He looks like a Rhode Island Red to me.
Yep a good flogging will cure most dogs especially when there young. I have trained every puppy I have every had by turning a broody hen loose on them. They then respect the chickens.

Good job on the coop and run, however, I do have a concern. I see you live in Texas and I don't see any windows or any venalation I would be afraid they would bake in there on hot summer nights.

I do have 2 windows on the oppisite side of the run and a vent on the roof. You cant see the roof vent because of the tree in the pic. I did not get a pic. of the windows. They are 12x12 covered with hardware cloth.
frow.gif

Nicely done.

Love the pics. The rooster is nice looking and the poor pup. lol.

I don't know what breed he is but he is mighty fine looking.

Enjoy the chickens.
big_smile.png

I did not take any interior pictures because it not finnished yet . I have one of those big metal nesting boxes in there right now. Its to big and I plan on taking it out. For right now it gives everyone a place to roost. When I finnish I will Post some pictures. Thanks for the coments.
clap.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom