My first egg!!!!

corthendo

Chirping
May 22, 2023
We got our very first egg today!! I’m confused who it came from because my BYM are 18 weeks today so I’ve been hoping for them to start laying and been seeing signs but expected a tan egg. My olive Eggers are only 15 weeks so I wouldn’t think it came from them even though it’s green. I’m so freaking excited for our little fairy egg! Is there anyway to tell by the vent who it came from?

Attachments

• EB9C430E-4658-4C1D-B468-3176BAA5D109.jpeg
    EB9C430E-4658-4C1D-B468-3176BAA5D109.jpeg
    899.9 KB · Views: 58
Congratulations on getting that first egg! Here's an article that explains how you can tell who in your flock is laying, hope it helps: who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309
That was an excellent article, appreciate you sharing it! We had one girl who laid her first egg this week. When it was time to get outside and free range, she sat inside the run and when she did come out, didn’t stray too far from the run. Wasn’t too worried about her, as she was eating and drinking. Of course treats helped too. Thanks again for the very good article!
jake

That was an excellent article, appreciate you sharing it! We had one girl who laid her first egg this week. When it was time to get outside and free range, she sat inside the run and when she did come out, didn’t stray too far from the run. Wasn’t too worried about her, as she was eating and drinking. Of course treats helped too. Thanks again for the very good article!
jake

Glad it was helpful to you Jake...the Learning Center is full of good info!

Back
Top Bottom