My First Flock

TiffanyFalter

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
My first flock ever ;) Had to post some pictures of them.

My new babies are strait run and include 15 Buff's 2-3 weeks old, 4 White turkeys, with 6 guinea babes coming in on Thursday.

As soon as my peahens bring their youngster to the house, I'm going to be adding them to the mix as well.

I think this one likes me, he/she comes running over with the turkeys to sit, jump and peck us when we come to check on them.
I just couldn't resist getting the turkeys, when you stick your hand in the chick pens, turkeys came running right over and the chickens ran away lol. The babes have been with us 3 days and many chickens are already accepting belly scratches and neck itches, the turkeys like to fall asleep in my hands
love.gif

I hadn't planned on getting turkeys when we went to pick up chickens. Aren't they adorable though?

We didn't want to get any adults, however my friend needs to find a home for 3 hens, apparently the hens have stopped laying because their pet dogs have been barking and causing quite the commotion, upsetting the ladies. We are thinking of quarantining the ladies in the barn then introducing them to the coup. They won't have an outdoor run until the babes are old enough to join them. I've been assured mama chickens will take to new babes as though they are there own, but I'm not sure how things will go with all the assorted turkey/peafowl/guinnea/possible future goslings. I'll post more pictures and updates as things go. Its only been a few days, but I am smitten.

very cute! I'm raising my first flock this year too- I'm down to five, but looking to add a few more. Good luck with your new babies!

Yesterday I came home to find some lovely "fancy" additions to my flock! My husband picked up some Polish, Turken and Cochins for his birthday
big_smile.png
They are so little compared to the buffs now, its amazing how fast these chicks grow.

Our biggest buff (possibly a rooster judging from the size of his feet!) has been pecking at the beaks of the new guys, my sister in law thinks its the shiny egg spot on their beaks.

I took these June 1, it may be a little late, but I'm going to post them regardless lol.
fk
The flash made him blue... would be an interesting color for chickens if it was real ;)

Its so hard to choose just a few to share :)

These pictures were taken only two weeks after the last few I posted, its amazing how much they have grown!

Back
Top Bottom