My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

I snare fox every season and have done so for the past dozen years or so. As I check daily there are spots where I routinely urinate. Frequently I see where a fox has marked the same spot where I have urinated. do you think that they are warning me?
hide.gif

I dont know the guy said the whole point was to kill one pee on it and leave it there for everything to find
idunno.gif
I have never tried it so I dont know if it works or not. It was just a thought

My girl
Just one coon so far no luck with Mr red.If you can get a hold of wolf pee bang in a post of some sort and pour the pee on it. They are on top of the food chain there is no coyote or fox that wants to dance with a wolf.Its just one more tool in your bag gotta be pro active.

Sorry Welly I dont think I have racoons in my area at least not that I have seen. Maybe if you cant trap it try doing the feed spot I mentioned. Do it the same time of day so that the fox gets use to it then shoot it. I think thats what I am going to have to do with this last fox its not seeming like it wants to get in the trap. I walked out to the car with my girls a couple hours ago and the fox walked right up to us when I kicked dirt at it it raised the hair on its back and showed its teeth to us. It needs to go!!! So not ok

Oh crap, MyGirls! I will tell you what I've heard on the hunting forum about predator urine. It can be hit or miss. For some it seems to work, and others, not at all. Even had my son peeing around the chicken yard. Didnt work. Heck, I have a dog that marks our boundaries, & that doesn't work, either. I would try the largest pred of all, the wolf urine, as welly suggested. Good luck!

Oh crap, MyGirls! I will tell you what I've heard on the hunting forum about predator urine. It can be hit or miss. For some it seems to work, and others, not at all. Even had my son peeing around the chicken yard. Didnt work. Heck, I have a dog that marks our boundaries, & that doesn't work, either. I would try the largest pred of all, the wolf urine, as welly suggested. Good luck!
My veterinarian told me that the only way dog urine deters some predetors is if the male dog is indeed intact, and not nuetured. Wolves on the other hand, don't think they care too much about that....lol...Now where does one get wolf urine...lol

And girls, be careful! I know a co worker that got attacked by a rabid fox. She did the same thing... told it to go on it's way, and it just came at her...thank goodness someone was coming out of the building, and was able to get help for her.. it was horrible.

And who can ever forget this news reel from a few years back.

Last edited:
Ya I have decided that I am kinda done playing games not to sound totally mean but I am going over to my neighbors today and let him know that I will shoot every single animal he is feeding. Last night (well I guess this morning) at 3am I was woken up to coyote screams on the back of my property. I am so done with all this. I am going to get a trail cam see what their patterns are like then set up a bait station and handle business. I am sure that in the spring the animals will just get worse and I dont want pups running around thinking its ok to walk up on my kids. I am also going to try to be a little sneaky I am taking a pocket recorder with me hoping the neighbor will say something about feeding the animals so I can show it to a wildlife officer and they can give him a warning or something.
big_smile.png
I am also going to talk to the lady next to me see if she has seen him feeding the animals and if she would mind complaining about it maybe if they have more then just me making complaints they will do something about it.

My girls 20 just keep on getting guns and let your girls take care of dad. You might want to look into a lever action rifle like a 30/30 or get foxy a sister like the mossberg 500 12 gauge pump, they have interchangeable barrels so you could use a full choke bird barrel or switch to a slug barrel. You would have a hard time getting any semi auto rifle now due to all the gun hype. A friend lost his dog to a coyote at his in laws house. He had a small dog that was great with the girls and was playful and followed them outside no leash. He had it out at his father in laws house and he heard some noise in the woods. The dog took off like a shot and next thing he heard was a bloody loud scream of the dog. He ran into the woods and saw a coyote with his dog in its mouth. He chased it and it dropped the dog, it was almost dead and died in his arms within 2 min. He was then lost in the woods and it took him an hour to get back out somewhere and borrow a phone to call the wife to get him. This was in a Suburb not in the woods but like in other areas the coyote are getting bolder.
On a funny note I read a story once and I wish I could say this was mine but I can't lie. A man goes out deer hunting and gets a nice 6 point buck. He field dresses it puts in his truck and goes home and hangs it in the garage. His youngest girl sees it and came at him screaming at him he killed Bambi. Thinking quickly he explains that this was not Bambi but Bambi's Bully who picked and beat him up every day. The girl stops yelling and thanks dad
lau.gif

Ya I have decided that I am kinda done playing games not to sound totally mean but I am going over to my neighbors today and let him know that I will shoot every single animal he is feeding. Last night (well I guess this morning) at 3am I was woken up to coyote screams on the back of my property. I am so done with all this. I am going to get a trail cam see what their patterns are like then set up a bait station and handle business. I am sure that in the spring the animals will just get worse and I dont want pups running around thinking its ok to walk up on my kids. I am also going to try to be a little sneaky I am taking a pocket recorder with me hoping the neighbor will say something about feeding the animals so I can show it to a wildlife officer and they can give him a warning or something.
big_smile.png
I am also going to talk to the lady next to me see if she has seen him feeding the animals and if she would mind complaining about it maybe if they have more then just me making complaints they will do something about it.
Get a shot gun and practice out back on a regular basis. No coyote will be around you. Or when you hear them fire off a shot, I do this and they stay well away. Besides if you get one of the steel targets that spin or move you can have a blast
wee.gif

lol NH reds Bambi actually did have a bully that picked on him in the second Bambi movie. Ya I need to get something else gun wise. I also kinda want to try elk or deer hunting. I know someone that can butcher for me or teach me how to. I have never butchered anything that big before.

Sorry about your friends dog that is extremely sad no one up here believes me that coyotes can kill dogs and take small children. They think they will just keep to themselves and randomly check you out. To me they are smart like foxes and ballzy too. But they are so much worse cause they are bigger and travel in packs at least up here. Everyone in Evergreen the town next to us thinks all the Elk can be tamed to so we have a huge problem with stupid people and bulls in mating season. I dont see why everyone wants to tame wildlife you want to look at something up close go to a zoo thats what they are there for but let the wild BE WILD.

Back
Top Bottom