My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Get a shot gun and practice out back on a regular basis. No coyote will be around you. Or when you hear them fire off a shot, I do this and they stay well away. Besides if you get one of the steel targets that spin or move you can have a blast
wee.gif

Ya I have never fired a shot gun before kinda scared to with the kick they are suppose to have :/ My friend actually told me about a hunting story of his... Him and his friend were out hunting deer and once they shot one it took about three mins till a pack of coyotes came up and tried to take their kill. He said it happens all the time that coyotes have almost learned that when they hear a gun go off something will be dead and they can go take it. Kinda scary when you think about it.

You can pick up a 20 guage single shot for like $100 at a sporting good store. Fun and cheap.
lol NH reds Bambi actually did have a bully that picked on him in the second Bambi movie. Ya I need to get something else gun wise. I also kinda want to try elk or deer hunting. I know someone that can butcher for me or teach me how to. I have never butchered anything that big before.

Sorry about your friends dog that is extremely sad no one up here believes me that coyotes can kill dogs and take small children. They think they will just keep to themselves and randomly check you out. To me they are smart like foxes and ballzy too. But they are so much worse cause they are bigger and travel in packs at least up here. Everyone in Evergreen the town next to us thinks all the Elk can be tamed to so we have a huge problem with stupid people and bulls in mating season. I dont see why everyone wants to tame wildlife you want to look at something up close go to a zoo thats what they are there for but let the wild BE WILD.

:lau. He killed bambi's bully!

Dunno if this urine stuff is gonna work . Neighbor is feeding them - that throws everything off.

I doubt neighbor will stop feeding unless it's against the law and a game warden fines him - and scares him. Watch those "fence" problems - not sure telling him what you're gonna do is smart.

if he fears a lawsuit - which he could lose in theory - if your child is bit, he might, might be found liable.

Egg, how many times we gotta say? The fox WASN'T moving on, m'kay? It was being fed by neighbor & was on her PORCH a lot. Nuff said.

Look, some of you just have to stop having a funeral for each & every critter that perishes - as long as the population of a species is ok, that's what matters. Foxes are doing fine.

Hyper-activism is just as extreme and bad as people who want to kill off species. Being with nature means we sometimes gotta do "natural" stuff - i.e. TCB.

Last edited:
Well said, about the elk, MyGirls! I would love to learn to butcher a deer, and provide good meat for the family!

Yeah, nothing good comes from feeding wildlife. In Banff, Alberta there are folks that are attacked by protective mother elks. In one case, the woman (on her way to work) didn't see the calf. As was the 'norm' in Banff, elk routinely walked about the town. I have personally seen this myself years ago. Apparently, they did a round up of the majority, got them examined, and shipped to other natural elk habitats. Good job, I hope it lasted!

Must be just heart wrenching to lose a pet like that! Very sad to hear.

Well, you know what happens when a non-native species is introduced. It breeds & wreaks havoc in a lot of places! The problem, in the east, is that these yotes have bred with the wolves. Making them bigger, more cunning, more fearless, and overall more dangerous. I have seen videos of what most couldn't believe. A single eastern coyote taking down a buck! So the folks here who can legally kill them, do so with much gusto! You'll find around here, with deer hunters, if a trophy buck appears with a coyote behind, guess what shot he's going to take? The yote is out! A lot of prey animals appear to be on the decline around here as well. I'm aware there maybe other factors at play here, as I've just seen the first rabbit tracks in my woods, for the first time in over 3 years. Yay! I want more rabbits here.

lau.gif
. He killed bambi's bully!

Dunno if this urine stuff is gonna work . Neighbor is feeding them - that throws everything off.

I doubt neighbor will stop feeding unless it's against the law and a game warden fines him - and scares him. Watch those "fence" problems - not sure telling him what you're gonna do is smart.

if he fears a lawsuit - which he could lose in theory - if your child is bit, he might, might be found liable.

Egg, how many times we gotta say? The fox WASN'T moving on, m'kay? It was being fed by neighbor & was on her PORCH a lot. Nuff said.

Look, some of you just have to stop having a funeral for each & every critter that perishes - as long as the population of a species is ok, that's what matters. Foxes are doing fine.

Hyper-activism is just as extreme and bad as people who want to kill off species. Being with nature means we sometimes gotta do "natural" stuff - i.e. TCB.

I wasnt going to shoot them on his property just mine. I talked to a different wildlife officer today. He is going to go over there and have a chat with him Guess the lady next to me called him to for me. So hopefully this will make him stop. I am a little worried with how these hand fed coyotes and foxes will now act if he does stop feeding them
hide.gif

Ya Shellz Coyotes just suck period Yay on the rabbits If you want I can trap all the ones on my property and send them to you lol jk I have so many its insane!!! I am scared to start my garden this spring

All my hunting forum friends are having fun in regions where there are lots of rabbits, and its making me jealous! Lol! I just want the numbers up, so I can hunt them. Heard they're yummy! I've gotta say, I'm all for eating tasty animals! Harvested humanely, of course! I guess rabbits can be a curse if you have a nice garden. I don't have one yet, but will have to fence it off from critters. Ah, the country life! Beats a day at the office any day!

Oh Steemroo, I just love your practical attitude towards wildlife! It's all about the numbers. I have no desire to hunt anywhere else than my property. I need to TCB here, before even thinking about elsewhere! And if anyone thinks coyotes are cute, just try to watch one or 2 or a pack, take down a defenceless calf! They get it cornered and just start tearing it apart! They don't go for the throat for a clean kill, it's a horrible death for any creature! Shooting coyotes is the best thing for them! Phew, there's my rant for the day. :)

Understood mygirls, just saying neighbor situations ane tough - watch that he doens't sic the law on you in return.. Stay as legal as possible - and lets hope he doesn't take it personally.

Thanks, shellz. Some of the zealots throw a trick of rhetoric at us called a 'false dichotomy' (it's a logical fallacy, too) - where they try to imply a Person is either 'humane' like them or a blood thirsty killer. There is no dichotomy (meaning here that it has to be one or the other) because there are other options - like only killing when you need to - hardly 'blood thirsty'.

Don't fall for their sneaky tricks. Stand strong and 'educate them' right back til they choose to open their minds, grow and relax.

For those of you looking for urine check out the sporting good store. I remember from my uncles trapping days, they put urine and scents on the traps to draw the desired animals. You might be able to search online for it.

thanks abbaschickens I will look into it. But as everyone has said on here I am kinda concerned that since they are being hand fed it wont work. Maybe I will buy some and try it. Or better yet maybe I can buy a pack of wolves lol jk!!

Back
Top Bottom