My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

gig.gif
BAHAHAHA you always brighten my day lol

I think he may go easy he has been eating the scraps I put out for the last couple of nights.I am gonna move the trap where I have him coming to the bait and hope he steps on into the trap and takes the bait.I will post his mug shot when I get he/she.

Looks a lot like the coyote that took out 4 of my chickens in broad daylight with my three dogs including my couch lab (lazy dog) in the backyard cowering in terror. My husband chased it off, got the dogs in the house, tied a couple of the chickens in the tree, and waited inside at the bedroom window. The stupid thing was back within 10 minutes trying to get them out of the tree when the problem got solved. I used to feel sorry for coyotes, but there are millions of cottontail rabbits in the front yard -- why not them instead of my chickens !!!

Sorry, but chickens bred for meat and/or laying can't escape as easily as wild rabbits. Hope you can keep other predators away - and ones that bold do need to go.

Ya you will have to show me a pic of the nasty thing welly. I cant believe it is taking me so long to catch this other one makes me so mad. he pees next to the trap walks around it every night but doesnt go in GGRRR

sorry for your loss soldonold
hugs.gif
predators are insane once they get the taste of chicken and hunting in their blood. The fox that killed my chicken last week got shot with a BB gun every couple mins got attacked by my dog and still he kept coming back like it was nothing. A few days later the .22 taught him a lesson. Whenever you see a coyote shoot it!!! they are so much worse then foxes. They will kill everything even your dogs.

I know exactly how you feel, as I lost both my Andalusians last year, including my beautiful blue Andie. I still don't know what got her, but I couldn't find a puncture wound on her and the white Andalusian was nothing but feathers left. One other chicken was attacked on her back, but not seriously hurt. We don't have foxes here, but do have an abundance of raccoons and hawks. This was the last pic I took of Andie. She was amazing...

so sorry
hugs.gif
loosing chickens sucks you put so much time, love and money into them (more then I thought) I was a baby when Snow White died. My husband was in Texas and I called him freaking out took me five minutes to calm down before he understood me. I dont have coons (yet) I heard they really do a nasty number on chickens eekkk. She is such a beautiful bird again sorry for your loss

Back
Top Bottom