My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

That one guy/girl is back to trying to debate with my on another post. Seriously?!?!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/741530/fox-attack#post_10396050
Just ignore...if you don't reply....no fuel for the fire....this one seems to have a MO....that is,more than just being a devils advocate...just looking for a arguement...No trolls!.. right!.
fl.gif

Thanks everyone for the info on the .22 sorry I was spending time with the fam and getting ready for the superbowl

The ammo is called thunderbolt. I have heard that it is super crappy and gunks up the gun pretty bad but it was the only ammo I could find LIKE ANYWHERE. I am going to go to my gun store tomorrow and see what they say also when ammo does come back in stock I will be buying the better stuff. I was just so shocked that after only shooting the gun 4 times it acted like that I have never had a gun do this to be before. I was super sad to say the least.

Thanks Gallus I am trying to ignore him he started stupid crap at the start of this thread and then is starting to make me look stupid on others kinda got to me but I am ignoring it. I dont even really want to respond on other thread or start new ones I like you all to much lol Maybe we should all start a thread to just talk about whatever is on our minds lol

OK so I think I found the problem. Its extremely odd that I can put 4 bullets into my mag the first one fires without a problem and hits the target where I want... 2 bullet will jam and the head of the bullet is torn up so bad. I will unjam it put the mag back in with the remaining 2 bullets first one will fire just fine again the second bullet jams. I took my mag out unloaded it a looked it over. this thing is screwed up

You can all see from the front is is not rounded off right there is a huge piece of metal thats just kinda in the way of the bullets when they pop up after the first one is shot off. the right side is not letting the bullet smoothly load

I seriously believe that is why the bullets are getting so chewed up. Again never had this happen to me before but from what I can see this mag is the problem

I am open to any other suggestions

I thought that's what we were doing anyway! Lol! This has become quite the nice little chat room.
Just checked out your model of rifle. Reviews were all over the map. I would have to say, if good quality ammo doesn't do the trick, take it back. It sucks that good ammo is hard to come by where you are! I sure hope you find some soon! We just cleaned out our Canadian Tire store of their Hornady 17 grain for the .17hmr. Got last box of Federal 22lr bird shot for the Marlin .22. Going to use it on pesky crows & starlings later this year.
Been spending the day with family today, and have housework to catch up on tomorrow. I'll find time to get back on here at some point!

Ya I have even tried to order .22 ammo online everyone is on back order BLAH!!! Like I said its weird if I just put one bullet into the mag (I did that with my husbands first 5 or so shots didnt want him to have a full mag lol) it worked fine then hubby got more comfy and I put in a few more rounds thats when it started messing up. I hope they give me a replacement mag or have one in stock that I could buy. Oh well at least my husband enjoyed shooting and now my father-in-law wants to shoot too. HEHEHE I am winning
woot.gif
Braking the men in

uugg shellz hear ya on the housework lol I so do not want to clean my whole house tomorrow plus my house is sitting half unpainted lol I have some tan walls and others are grey but painting with my kids around is insane. I was seriously told as a child that the future would have flying cars and robots that cleaned your house and did your laundry... Where are they?!?! I am super disappointed lol

Back
Top Bottom