My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Oh yeah, the gov't. shenanigans! They deny releasing cougars out here despite the numerous sightings. Go fig. Just as long as I don't see them. They range for many miles, so actually getting a glimpse is pretty rare.
Living close to city does make it more challenging to deal with predators. Get to know the laws on what you can & can't do. I wonder if a crossbow would be allowed? You can take out your target animal within 50 yards, wonder if that would be enough distance? Find a good, used rifle? Again, rifles are for long distance, and I don't want to encourage you to break the law. If you could use a rifle, a .223 would be a good caliber for just about any critter. A .22 might not be powerful enough for the coyotes. Be aware of what's behind your target as well, rifle ammo can go for over a mile if you miss! Foxes and coyotes suck!
tongue.gif
I hope you can get your problems resolved. Best of luck to you!

Shellz
Way too many to list my favs.are
Browning mountain titanium 270wsm
Yankee hill camo ar-15 .223
Benelli Sbe11. 12 gauge steady grip
Remi 12 g super magnum thumb hole turkey getter
Tc encore pro hunter smoke pole
Savage 10 ml smoke pole
Volquartsen custom 17 Hmr light weight model
Remi 12 g 1100

Looks like you've got all your bases covered & then some! And there's more? Yowza!
Ok, here's mine & the old man's:
Tikka T3 Lite .243 (synthetic) Redfield Revolution scope
Tikka T3 Lite .223 " Bushnell Elite
Remington 870 12 ga (camo)
Remington 870 20 ga (wood) w/additional barrels for slugs, bird shot.
Marlin XT .22 (wood) Bushnell Trophy scope
Browning .17hmr (wood) Bushnell Elite 3200 scope
Mission Craze compound bow
Excalibur Axiom crossbow

I think that's it. We don't need anything more powerful. No moose or elk around here!

I'd have fish and game talk to your neighbor about feeding the wildlife It make them rely on people. Than gets then shot. They hand out big fines for feed wildlife here in California if people complain. Cost the animal their live in the long run. ity people dont think of that.

I have recently lost 12 chickens to dogs and a fox . Very smart animals killed them 20 feet outside my front door.. I still haven't seen then do it. But the 20 guage IS LOADED. neighbors IS SUPPOSE TO GET RID OF DOG. his landlord caught the dog eating chickens It a shame he is a good working cattle dog He has hit all the neighbor flocks. The fox is down right sneeky.

Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
Someone did go over there and talk to him I had a few of my neighbors complain with me. The coyotes were really starting to worry everyone. I havent seen him put food out there for them since (unless he moved his feeding spot)

Sucks it was a cattle dog they are usually good at PROTECTING livestock not eating them. :/ did your neighbors pay you for the dead birds?

3 NH reds I am going to try that feed probably once it starts to warm up some :)

Sueg4332 Welcome to the thread lol Ya its pretty long dont worry I am thankful for your advice :) And ya our fox was super lazy we have mice and bunnies everywhere the fox didnt even try to get them just relied on the neighbor who fed it. It made me so mad. Its mate is still around (crapping next to my chicken coop)
barnie.gif
A big huge middle finger is what it seems like to me lol It makes me so mad but so far I have seen no signs that it has tried to get into the coop. Maybe this one will stay away hopefully and just view the chickens and not try to eat them.

Welly and Shellz you guys crack me up lol so many guns you two def need to go shooting together :)

Maybe somebody should stage an intervention! Lol! Seriously, can you really have too many guns? We'll probably replace the Marlin one day. Always want to get better guns. I'd like to think we're practical. A gun for every varmint & meaty animal that resides on our property.

Maybe somebody should stage an intervention! Lol! Seriously, can you really have too many guns? We'll probably replace the Marlin one day. Always want to get better guns. I'd like to think we're practical. A gun for every varmint & meaty animal that resides on our property.
My next gun will be a Kel-Tec KSG

Oh I think its a great idea to have a bunch of guns :) I just wish I could join the group lol Fingers crossed maybe in two years I will have everything I want lol hehe (BTW they really really really need a evil devil smile on here lol)
bun.gif
dancing bunny is the best I have lol

Back
Top Bottom