My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Yeah, this stuff really adds up! Our docks are awful too! They had to rip one out already. No big deal. The infrastructure is made of wood & erosion is just horrendous these last 2 years. Perhaps the previous owners knew this day would come & didn't want to deal with it. Is ok, we'll make it to last longer! Sure wood looks good, but we aren't replacing it every 10 years! Going to be some big a** stone in there now! Yay! Now I really can't wait to get ducks! It's gonna look so purdy! Lol!

Ya we just bought ours in september and the lady got divorced and decided to give up on all the maintenance of her house. WE GOT AN AMAZING DEAL but now we have to replace a ton of stuff that is going to cost a lot just cause she did restain the deck and stupid crap like that lol.

I wish I could build a pond but in the mountains thats pretty hard lol we are on a good slope

Ok people I have found a solution to all our problems for every predator in the world. We need some type of invisible force field that shocks the crap out of everything that comes near it lol haha I wish (sorry been running around cleaning all day and my girls have been hell so I am kinda brain dead) but I was seriously thinking it over on the drive home today wouldnt that be nice. No birds of prey, no coyotes, wolves, bears or foxes. the mice wouldnt even be able to get through :)

You must have a beautiful property though! Muscovies in particular, don't care for ponds anyway. I just gave em a kiddie pool to groom in. Took forever to get them into pond! Thought they would take to it as soon as they could, but no. I needed them to keep algae down. Go fig.

You must have a beautiful property though! Muscovies in particular, don't care for ponds anyway. I just gave em a kiddie pool to groom in. Took forever to get them into pond! Thought they would take to it as soon as they could, but no. I needed them to keep algae down. Go fig.

Geese are good guards but too loud. We're in a big city.. Fence and netting is only way here. If chickens go into neighbors' yards - dogs will shred them. G shep on one side, G ret on other.

Is there a creek? You got well water with good flow? A small pond is trivial IF you are allowed to make one! In Oregon you need a special state permit. And they arr denying people now.

How many acres you got' and is soil sandy or clay? Sand won't hold water well. But you can line pond bottom with clay & pack it. We have 4 acre lake on old fam property.. Just a dam that traps run off from rain.

I see Steemroo. Geese not an option for you. I see what you mean. How big a yard? I always find it interesting when we go on road trips to the U.S.A., they usually have such nice, large yards! I suppose it depends where you go.

Ooh, a lake! Nice, are there fish in it worth eating? Thinking about stocking my ponds with a native trout species someday.

get yourself a paintball gun. may have les accuracy then a bb gun but u can fire alot faster and they actually hurt the animal more then the bbs do. thats howwe keep foxes out. unless they are sick then we kull them,

In some states that is considered harassing wildlife and a crime. Killing them outright is not. Weird, huh?
get yourself a paintball gun. may have les accuracy then a bb gun but u can fire alot faster and they actually hurt the animal more then the bbs do. thats howwe keep foxes out. unless they are sick then we kull them,

Our yard's what - a third acre? Big for this city, where 5000 sf is min legal lot size. Sound travels - not ag zoned - so we do what we gotta do.

Grew up elsewhere on an acre city lot plus about 400 acres 80 miles out of town - weekends we went there. That's where the lake is. Never had chicken but tried ducks on lake - flew away - we didn know what we were doing back then and stuck with cattle. Even tho yard was huge in town, I think there was a no chicken law there. My mom didn't want any, anyway.

I take that back. At our first house we had some poultry, but they died.. Wow, I barely remember - I was pretty young.

Cattle are great. They mostly take care of themselves, except they need to be fed all winter. Never lost too many calves to coyotes, and some of those we lost may have been in trouble anyway - sick - genetic issue - w/e. Beef cattle, of course.

Back
Top Bottom