My first Fox attack that ended in a kill

Sounds like a monopoly to me. The common folk can't even replicate anything close to a cornish x. Somebody here has actually kept one of these birds alive long enough (2 years +) to cross breed with it. There are lots of interesting projects on the go.

There's a very interesting thread on caponizing here. Wonder if it got shut down? Some folks here educated themselves on dead roos that were being processed anyway. I've got someone interested in capons if I ever get to doing it. And yes, the procedure done as early as 5 weeks, does help put weight on them & make them tender. Also makes them much more docile. I've even heard that they will sometimes brood chicks like a hen. Once caponized, you could take your time until you wanted to process them. There are many advantages, but is still a difficult procedure. I may never get around to doing it. Don't know if I could actually do it, even if I had the proper tools.

I definitely want to try brining the next bunch. I'm sure it could only improve things. The smaller birds don't need it, but the bigger ones would be helped by it.

Well, I gotta go help hubby make the coq au vin for dinner. Using 2 young partridge chantie cockerels, so they won't need to cook quite so long.

Oh wow. That was an interesting video! Don't think you'll ever keep guns out of the hands of bad guys, so what are the good folks supposed to do? Throw a pen at them? Seriously?! That is definitely the most stupidest thing I ever heard!

The elite political class in this country beileves they are the only ones entitled to firearm ownership, they want to disarm us "stupid common folk" all while they will still have their concealed weapons and armed bodyguards for protection. It is much the same as when they pass ridiculous healthcare laws and exempt themselves from obeying those laws. All I have to say is when they come to get mine they better bring theirs and get a lot of practice.

I couldn't even imagine living in Canada with all their gun control BS, it is hard to believe a country as desolate as Canada having such laws. I don't even want to go there on a fishing trip for that reason. I won't go anywhere I can't have a gun for protection from wildlife when I am in the middle of nowhere.

Got new babies!!!!! Sorry been busy and my internet has SUCKED!!!! anyways I got 25 new chicks 6 geese 8 ducks and 8 turkeys super excited :D

Ya CO has gotten insane everyone is trying to use us as a stepping stool since the theatre shooting to push what they want. I really fear they will take our rights away :( And we passed that stupid weed bill ug thats a bad idea but I have heard that the government has been a little sneaky with that and they just started taxing people 70% of what they made of their weed sales over the last 3 years or so. That should shut a lot of people down. Its not that I dont believe in legalizing things but I do believe they way it went about was all wrong the crime rate has gone up in town people stealing money from the shops and now everyone feels they can drive around stoned I hate going downtown now and refuse to take my kids there. In a few years with all the money and drugs that will be in CO you watch something bad will come out of it. Anyways thats my rant hope my internet will start working better soon took my 30 mins just to load these pics uggg. hope everyone is doing well :D

Back
Top Bottom