My First Goat Show!! WIN *Pics*

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
I took four does to my first goat show yesterday. I was a little nervous. When I got there they didn't have a good turn out like last year and I brought the only Kinders. So instead of being discouraged the lady offered to allow me to show in the Nubian classes.

It was a huge sucess! Not only did many people ask about the goats but the judges and other goat breeders were really impressed at Kinders. They couldn't believe how nice the dairy quality of them was, but also how meaty they were.

Our Nubian 4 month old got Grand Champion! It was a saunction show so she is on her way in the show ring! When walking her topline is almost completely flat from her shoulders to her tail.

1137_show2.jpg

(She is not stood up well in this photo. But you can see how big and adorbale she is.)

Ellie won her in class and got Reserve Champion of Nubians! (Funny considering she is a Kinder.
lol.png
) She is lean, and very dairy and the nubian judge really like how tight her front end was.

1137_show1.jpg

Lily was the real winner of the show! What we consider our best doe. She was calm and gentle the entire time. She showed up the the other dairy does in best of show for dairy showmanship. The dairy judge encouraged us to show her in best of show for meat showmanship and she also won! Taking best of show in both dairy and meat! Talk about dual purpose!

1137_show4.jpg

Angeliese was just too chunky to do well in the dairy show. The judge told us to try meat. So we went ahead and signed up for that show too. The lady who was running the meat show was practicly laughing at our idea of showing our little tiny doe with the HUGE boers. She insisted we were wasting our time. But we went ahead anyway. The judge took a long time deciding. In the end she didn't place. But after the show he pulled me aside. He said she was the chunkiest doe that size he had seen, and in a percentage judging she would have stomped the others. He mentioned he was questioning if she should take first or not. But since he was judging a meat show and he was a boer judge he couldn't pick her over the others and make it look fair when they were double or triple her size. He asked a lot of questions about Kinders. After some talking he offered to judge a kinder show if we could pull it together next year.
celebrate.gif

1137_show3.jpg

This is a bad picture but it shows Angeliese in comparison to her competition. Her topline is so flat and her body is so square.

Overall we had a great show. It made us really look forward to the MO state fair next month where we will be judged in a actual sanctioned Kinder show. Our does did great, but how will they compare against their own breed. I guess we will find out!

Thanks we are very proud. Now I have confirmed that my breeding efforts are going in the correct direction. I'm already plotting out showing for next year. Oh no. Like I need another hobby.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom