MY FIRST KEET HATCHED! MY FIRST KEET HATCHED!

Quote:
Too funny, Peeps - that narrows it down! LOL. I'm going to Walmart today - maybe I'll pick up a toothbrush for later. I can't wait for there to be more keets in the hatcher. Two should start hatching today, and 12 more should start tomorrow. I hope these hatch faster than the first, which took almost two days. I know that's within the normal range, but geez! And it's hard to keep the humidity up when they go so long. (I put in more water and lightly spritz with sprayer, and leaving windows open for a little added humidity).

Next round I'll time my lockdowns better.

I had my first keets hatch yesterday! Today is the 28th day, but 6 out of 24 came early. A bunch of the eggs are pipped, so I'm anxiously awaiting more keets. It's so exciting!

Leigh....
Don't forget that you can quickly lift one corner of the lid and slip a clean wet sponge in there for added humidity too... then when you need to add more water later just lift that corner of the lid and pour water on the sponge with a small measuring cup or something else easy to pour from.

I use a 60cc syringe with the draw tube out of a (new) squirt bottle crammed on the end instead of the needle and add warm water by just sliding the tube thru the vent hole and slowing pushing the water out of the syringe into the trough or onto a sponge placed directly under a vent hole, and I don't even have to open the lid.

Also one other tip I forgot to mention to you... if you have hard water that leaves deposits in the 'bator's water trough (like I do)... use distilled water.

See what I mean about figuring out what works?
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I will get pics when I take out the keets... I still have 18 eggs left to hopefully hatch so I don't want to open it up yet! Too hard to get pics through the viewing window, although trust me - I tried!!

I always love the hatcher shots! Cute, congrats!
Here's another shot of keet #2! Just hatched this morning. Another Sticky Keet (VERY sticky) I'm afraid....Not nearly as cute as yours Whitehorse, but he'll catch up I'm sure.

He's still getting his "wire legs" under him. But look at that face.......Finally a buddy for keet #1. I'm a little concerned about his toes - they seem to curl in a little, but it doesn't stop him from hauling butt all over the hatcher. I'll give him a boot if it isn't straightened out in a day - or so - - right?

Back
Top Bottom