My first meatie experience

LOL Its hard to tell by my online name, I get it all the time. I just use it as an excuse to use improper grammar.
lau.gif

I'm in the north Georgia mountains. I don't have the right to give my brother's chicken away. If he wants to sell or give them away, I'll get his permission to post an ad here. If that happens, I'd add a reply to this thread.

I'm in the north Georgia mountains. I don't have the right to give my brother's chicken away. If he wants to sell or give them away, I'll get his permission to post an ad here. If that happens, I'd add a reply to this thread.

I would suggest to your brother that he NOT have people come to his home to pick up the reject chickens. Two reasons bio-security and theft in the future.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he would handle it. Like I said, he's new to the area but he networks fast. It wouldn't surprise me if he finds some neighbors to barter with.

I do have to say, I never expected this response. If anything, I expected some anti-commercial backlash. I'm pretty sure all commercial chicken companies leave chickens behind. In a lot of cases, instead of sending another truck for the last few they will swap them around until only the smallest chickens are left. If you know anyone with a commercial chicken farm, ask them what they do with the rejects. Leftover chickens every 8 weeks is a lot to deal with and they have to be gone before the next delivery of chicks. Most farmers will just kill what they can't sell or give away and bury them in the compost/litter pile.

Bartering is the best. I got my three new chickens by helping my brother move.
Georgia is too far for me any how. Keep us posted on future endevores.

The IRS considers the value of the bartered item as income, and that is taxable. Check it out with your CPA before you go gangbusters with the plan.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom