My First time with Broody: *Pics* Update: they hatched!

chickenfever

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Arizona
She's a BO. Here she is taking a break and all fluffed up because I was too close.
13500_p1010035.jpg

Here are the 6 eggs ( not all hers)
13500_p1010033.jpg

And here she is on the nest
13500_p1010047.jpg

Hatch date is tomorrow, but a couple chicks were starting to hatch tonight when I got home from work. Will (hopefully if all goes well) update with chick pics tomorrow
fl.gif
. Her eggs include hers, BA's and an EE egg, the roo is a SL Cochin. Am so excited to see what they turn out looking like
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Oooooooh, she's a pretty momma! My BO's wont go broody- You're lucky!!
Cant wait to see pics of the new chicks!
I'm hatching the natural way too.... hopefully in the next few days we'll have chicks over here too!!

Good Luck!!!

Make sure you "wash before eating" like the box says!
lol.png

I've got a broody BO too and she's always poofy and growling, just like a good broody should be! Her hatch date is June 6.

Wow, she looks dedicated. Gotta love those BO's that never read the rule book about hatchery stock not going broody! Mine hatched some yesterday but I don't think she is done yet because she won't let me look...lol.
Good hatching!

Well, when I got home today, three out of six have hatched and are all fluffed out. I think 2 from BO eggs and the egg from my EE. So cute. They all have feather legs from their cochin daddy. The little EE mix has muffs and a beard.

13500_p1010008.jpg

13500_p1010002.jpg

13500_p1010003.jpg

So, being kind of new to this, is it OK for me to leave those pine chips in there? And how long should I wait before giving up on the other three eggs which have done nothing yet, but she is still sitting on.

Back
Top Bottom