No more Free Ranging!
I have been in and out of the house today checking on the chickens. I heard nothing no noise no nothing. They had been good all day then I thought ill put them away early before it gets too late. Guess what? No Licorice shes gone!!!!
I can't believe this. No feathers either. :hit
Im failing as a chicken mum now.
Oh no! I'm so sorry!

I'm sure they can, but generally won't. They sniff it to see what it is, get shocked on the nose and decide to leave it be. When mine got grounded out in a storm, they were definitely inside, so the trick is to make sure it's always hot when using it.

Ohhh yes. I think I should look at a permanent coop. When its really hot here be have afternoon storms alot so that might be an issue.

I’m so sad to hear about your Licorice :(
This why I won’t let mine free range... I want to let them SO badly but I’m too afraid. My very protected run is 12x12... I know that is enough room for them but I feel bad for them all cooped up all the time so I keep coming up with what to do.. what type of fencing, what will be the most cost friendly, and quickest... because I want to make it a very big yard... but I still haven’t decided on what yet. I can’t decide what’s best:confused:.... for me.
Our pastor has chickens and ducks and I believe that he has the same type of electric fencing that @rjohns39 has and his ducks stay out all the time, day and night and nothing ever gets to them .... so maybe that would be a good option cuz I know that would be the quickest to put up to let them finally out!

Btw, I’m almost finished with the girls room:th

Back
Top Bottom