My girls new addition

SammileeChickie

Songster
Mar 7, 2015
Southern California
I couldn't help but post this lovely picture I took of Birdie today
and here's my cutie Talulah
I call them sissies since they are sisters and they love being around each other
I recently got a new chicken, I don't know what to name her yet but introducing is going good
she's supposed to be a blue laced wyandotte but her body feathers look more white laced. Does introducing new chickens get better.? Will my chickens eventually except her because I feel bad when if let them free range and they don't let the new chicken join

Thank you
1f60a.png

I'm trying to get the newest one healthier, she is very skinny and super light weight :( I'm not sure how much she weighs but she is definitely less than what my chickens weighed at that age. Her feathers are a little scruffy to, she's not as soft as my girls. The guy I bought her from had her in a smallish cage with like 20 something guinea fowl trampling her
1f629.png
poor thing probably didn't get to eat a lot. Do you known of any kind of good or treat to help plump her up again and give her some healthy weight besides organic chicken feed.?

Last edited:
Poor girl. Hopefully you can get her fattened up soon.

The best foods I can recommend that are both healthy and fattening for chickens are: oatmeal, mealworms, rice, quinoa, eggs and pasta. Make sure you don't overdo any of these and only give them in limited amounts each day. (Treats should technically take up no more than 10% of their daily diet.)

Hope this helps!

Poor girl. Hopefully you can get her fattened up soon.

The best foods I can recommend that are both healthy and fattening for chickens are: oatmeal, mealworms, rice, quinoa, eggs and pasta. Make sure you don't overdo any of these and only give them in limited amounts each day. (Treats should technically take up no more than 10% of their daily diet.)

Hope this helps!
Thank you :) I'll make her some nice warm quinoa for this cold weather.!

Back
Top Bottom