My girls spent the night in their new coop!!!

Yardbirds286

Songster
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Western Mass
They where all alive this morning!! Such a mile stone. I felt like I was sending my kids to college or something. Here is the cute thing. My DH, who didn't really love the thought of chickens. Yeah, he went out with a flashlight, not once, or twice, but three times to check on them. I could hear him out the window, "hi girls, you all ok?" I gotta love that guy.
love.gif

When he was checking on the kids outside...what were they doing? Were they quiet and laying down together, up on a roost, active? I'm a checker too.

Quote:
He said they were all quiet, and perched together in a line on their roost. They were so happy this morning. Jumping, and running! In a few minutes one decided to go back in her new house for a bite to eat. Then, she was back at it. They were ready.
smile.png
I tell ya, if I could clone my DH and give one to all the gals I know who have less than great husbands I would. He's a keeper.

Quote:
They are between eight, and nine weeks old. We are having a horrible heat wave here so I am thinking about putting them back in their brooder during the heat of the day. Tonight they even went in by themselves!!!

Back
Top Bottom