My goose's eye is droopy looking and teary? Not sure what's going on

Ica94

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
My 1 year goose has a problem with her eye. I don't know what it is, I have a picture. It looks like her eye has an underlid which is sticking out possibly? Today I saw some tears coming from the, perhaps discharge?

My 1 year goose has a problem with her eye. I don't know what it is, I have a picture. It looks like her eye has an underlid which is sticking out possibly? Today I saw some tears coming from the, perhaps discharge?

I'd try rinsing her eye out with some saline rinse or get some Terramycin eye ointment and use it. It does look like there is some inflammation going on there.She may just have a speck of dust or feed inside the eye lid. Is she acting normal otherwise ?

I'd try rinsing her eye out with some saline rinse or get some Terramycin eye ointment and use it. It does look like there is some inflammation going on there.She may just have a speck of dust or feed inside the eye lid. Is she acting normal otherwise ?

Yea other thanight the eye she is acting normal. I just ordered the oitment and it should be here by friday. She scratches her eye but other than that acts normal, eating normal ect.

Yea other thanight the eye she is acting normal. I just ordered the oitment and it should be here by friday. She scratches her eye but other than that acts normal, eating normal ect.
Sounds like she may have something in it or it is irritated so the ointment will help alot. You can make up a saline rinse in the meantime by using warm water and salt. 1 cup to half teaspoon of salt mix it up so salt is dissolved then rinse her eye out if something is in there it may help get it out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom