My goose's joint is messed up, what do i do?

chickenlover222

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Brown Summit
So i have this goose that i just got a couple days ago from this place. She didn't grow up in a very good environment. The lady that i got her from said that a few weeks ago she could walk on at least one of her legs and now she just doesn't walk on either of them(she drags herself to the food and water). She had been on a hard floor that was covered in chicken,duck, and goose poo and mud, I'm wondering if that probably affected her legs and joints. When i brought her home my uncle checked her out and said its her joint that's messed up and she was skin and bones so she wasn't fed properly either. What I want to know. Are there any methods i can do to help out her joint and gain some strength in her legs?

I'm assuming the joints in question are the ones that allow the bottom part of the leg to bend- looks like a backward knee. If so, I would put her on a low protein diet, as feeding geese chick starter etc.. can lead to leg issues. With Swans we feed a chicken layer low in protein etc. I would then wrap those joints in vet wrap and change them every few days as vet wrap can shrink with moisture. This will help support those joints but still allow movement . Often the tendon will slip in the joint, causing pain and wear on the bone and cause this problem. Give her some good vitamins - Avi Charge for exsample and plenty of fresh gren leafy veggies, romane lettuce.... collard greens.... cabbage..... Post a pic if you can.

Oh, that is a lot harder to fix... humm. Try making a chair like I did for some of my ill guys. she will beable to move her legs and get strength but not have a lot of pressure on them until she gets more strength......

7205_bird_chairsling.jpg

7205_sennie_woo_chair.jpg

My late Sebastien in his chair...............

Back
Top Bottom