My guinea was attacked by something and won't open its eyes!!!!

ashleynicole

Chirping
Jun 4, 2015
South Carolina
Hi my guinea was attacked by something not sure what but maybe could have been a hawk 3 of my guineas are gone without a trace and 2 came back to the coop one unharmed and the other with his eyes closed tight the feathers on his neck were a little ruffled but there was no blood at all.. Just will not open his eyes any info on this would be a huge help.. Is he stressed? I've been feeding him water and diluted Gatorade and boiled him an egg to eat but not sure he's eating.. Thanks for any help. Will he ever open his eyes again if not can he survive blind?

Last edited:
Hi my guinea was attacked by something not sure what but maybe could have been a hawk 3 of my guineas are gone without a trace and 2 came back to the coop one unharmed and the other with his eyes closed tight the feathers on his neck were a little ruffled but there was no blood at all.. Just will not open his eyes any info on this would be a huge help.. Is he stressed? I've been feeding him water and diluted Gatorade and boiled him an egg to eat but not sure he's eating.. Thanks for any help. Will he ever open his eyes again if not can he survive blind?

I have no idea but if I were you I would rinse his eyes with lukewarm water and feed him by putting either egg or scratch in his mouth following with water. little raw honey in water would be good. he is stressed. if you keep and pet him it will help.

Back
Top Bottom