My hen is sneezing!

Dinosaur Gal

Songster
6 Years
Aug 12, 2015
North Pole
I have 2 hens one is 6 and the other is 1 year old. the younger one i just got like 3 weeks ago and she has recently started sneezing like once every minute or 2 minutes the older hen is completely fine she hasn't sneezed at all. She stared the sneezing before I cleaned our coop out. Then I did a thorough job cleaning there was Alot of dust. I put some food grade diatomaceous earth on the floor then Hay and sprayed the nests and roosts with a white vinegar/water solution. Then put hay down there as well I thought that would help her but she is still sneezing and the other older hen is fine. The sneezing hen is eating and drinking I believe. Also when I gave the younger hen tomatoes she would eat some then it sounded kinda weezey/gurgley like she was trying t eat and breath thru her mouth but sounded normal when I gave her other foods idk. I'm scared for her idk what i should do! Please help! I can use any information I can get! Thanks!

Okie thank you! Ill get the feed then :) awh thank you! id love to help you if i ever get out that way :) And i hope your kids get interested in your chickens! There so worth the time and money spent on them and now a days kids and teens are so wraped up in technology that they are missing the beautiful world around them :/

BIG update guys!! I found a leaf blower and when i used it in the coop unimaginable amounts of dust came flying out! After i thought it was clean! Im singing the song Oh happy day! I still havnt been able to get that pine bedding but im fed up with waiting to im going to take grass cut from our lawn abd dried leaves and mix them for a temperary solution :) and we welcomed three new members to our coop family There blue bantam cochins! The Rooster is Sir Fancy Pants and the hens are Lady Opal and Lady Latte :)

Okie I'll try to tomorrow its night right now. I'll also see if I can capture her sneezing in the same video her droppings seem to be normal I don't think there's anythink blocking cause she seems to be swallowing them and she caught a grasshopper right after the tomatoe incident and she got it down just fine no gasping or neck stretching what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom