My Hen Quit Laying!!

Cowboy44

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
South Central KY
I recently got a pair of 2 year old Columbian Plymouth Rocks LF. I already had 4 Partridge Plymouth Rocks LF and after introducing them into the flock she laid 6 days straight and hasnt laid since(about 8 days ago) right before she quit i introduced 2 2month old chicks in there 1 died but the other one is doing good. I've been watching them lately and even though my Columbians were raised together i've noticed my Columbian Rooster chases the young chick and the Columbian Hen away from the other 4 hens....i understand pecking order but dont understand why she hasnt laid in so long....she also stays in the chicken coop alot of times by herself...is there anything i can do to reverse/fix this?

I recently got a pair of 2 year old Columbian Plymouth Rocks LF. I already had 4 Partridge Plymouth Rocks LF and after introducing them into the flock she laid 6 days straight and hasnt laid since(about 8 days ago) right before she quit i introduced 2 2month old chicks in there 1 died but the other one is doing good. I've been watching them lately and even though my Columbians were raised together i've noticed my Columbian Rooster chases the young chick and the Columbian Hen away from the other 4 hens....i understand pecking order but dont understand why she hasnt laid in so long....she also stays in the chicken coop alot of times by herself...is there anything i can do to reverse/fix this?

She may be molting. Is she losing any feathers?

Back
Top Bottom