my home made incubator

loprettaerin

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Lonedell, Missouri
Here are a few pictures of the home made incubator I built about a month ago. It is not the prettiest thing but it does its job. I have some changes I would make when I build my next one or even a hatcher for that matter. I used a old 2 shelf cabinet solid wood to start since the door was busted and we wern't using it anymore. I used a metal heating element for QFC for the small still incuabator and there thermostate wafer and indicator light. I orignally tried useing some PC fans but couldn't get wiring right kept burning them up, I later found a exhuast fan that was a great size and it works pretty good. I made mistake of not insuolating it so once I had it all set up I insulated it with the reflective insulation inside and out as best I could with racks and everything else in it. I had the wire for the shelves left over from doing the mason work on front of the house. It was strong and had small enough wholes for cirrculation. I also put the cheap dollar general draw liner with the wholes in it over them and in the hatching area at the bottom. It hold temp very well only 1 to half a degree difference from top to the bottom, Have noticed bottom is always more humid then the top but other then that love it. I could put one more turner on second shelf although I have too many eggs at moment to do that.

60789_incubator_001.jpg

60789_incubator_002.jpg

60789_incubator_003.jpg

60789_incubator_004.jpg

60789_incubator_005.jpg

are u sure it doesnt belong on a spaceship lol
lau.gif
:lau:lau:lau imjust kiddin i wish i had some multiple racks in mine,cuz then my wife would kill me cuz i would need mo eggs to buy and hatch
gig.gif

now that's what i'm talking about!!! more room for more eggs means more chicks!!!!!! nothing wrong with that...

@madrooster - u r silly!!!
smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
I Never Said it was the prettiest lol spaceship I will have to call it that.
lau.gif
I think I will build a hatcher next so I can use that one only for incubating or so that is my plan for either fall or next spring. I was going for low cost on this one and it was my first. I was beeting my head for days tring to get it all fine tuned.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom