my homemade quail crumble recipe

I'd say you would be fine. To sanitize water for human consumption you boil for a few minutes at 212°f. This is cooked for 30 minutes+ at 350°f! Make and feed all you want. But your time and money may be better spent else ways. I can buy 26-30% feed for $15-20 for 40lbs. I doubt that's nearly as cheap or convenient. I mean this may make like 4 cups of food.

I'd say you would be fine. To sanitize water for human consumption you boil for a few minutes at 212°f. This is cooked for 30 minutes+ at 350°f! Make and feed all you want. But your time and money may be better spent else ways. I can buy 26-30% feed for $15-20 for 40lbs. I doubt that's nearly as cheap or convenient. I mean this may make like 4 cups of food.
it's for a handful of pet quail... i'm in urban new jersey, finding game bird food is next to impossible and feed online has expensive shipping

This has been very successful with my Japanese... lots of big eggs. The protein level will be approx. 30%. I provide fresh greens/veggies for vitamins.

4 jumbo chicken eggs
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
food processor
8" non stick cake pan. If not non stick, lightly grease and flour pan.

Beat eggs, add to food processor bowl. Save and rinse shells. Add oatmeal, stir with spoon. Let sit 10 minutes.

Process in food processor 1 minute. Let sit another 5 minutes. Preheat oven to 325F.

Process again for one minute, adding baking powder.

Pour batter into cake pan, bake for approx 30 minutes until sides turn light brown.

Let "cake" cool, then break into pieces and process in food processor until they become bite sized (for the quail) crumbs.

Spread crumbs on large baking sheet, dry completely in 225F oven.

Crush reserved egg shells and add to dried crumbs.

Great job an the recipe!
I find that info like this is a asset for this forum,
Recipes like those are great for those times when you just can't get to the feed store and or want to spoil the little birds rotten :) some people need to keep in mind that for most of us this is a hobby and we take pride in what we do.
Keep it up and thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom