My Honda Odyssey Adventures , Meaties to Freezer Camp Trip.

lotzahenz

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Let me start by saying I don't much like my mini van, but I don't like any mini vans at all, and mine is a great van, just not for me. BUT, how can I sell her, she has been the best vehicle ever, never a mechanical problem, and she hauls so much cargo. So, when it was time to take the extra roos and cull hens to the processer, the ole mini van was the vehicle of choice. So, seats arranged, tarp down and caged birds inserted, 26 small to huge chickens and 4 grown turkeys. It was a wild ride, as I had to go about 35 miles and of course got lost so went an extra 28 miles. I arrived at my destination, all birds alive and well, and in an hour and a half they were all dressed and ready for camp. I proudly put the packages in boxes and back home we went. I can also get 2800 lbs of feed in the van, with the middle seats in place. She sits a bit low, but she makes it. I hate mini vans, but they are about the handiest vehicle ever was, hauling people or stuff. I guess she will live here for a while longer, cause rain or shine makes no difference, and I can't say that about the big ole truck.
thumbsup.gif

I may have miscalculated the feed, let me think how many bags she holds, cause 56 is too many. I'll have to check next time I load her up. I think I can fit 28 bags, which would be 1400 lbs. Anyway, the van almost sits on the tires. I only go a few miles, as that is too much for the old girl.

Last edited:
Nice! I want my next daily driver to be a minivan for the reasons you listed here and more. I could keep a full size toolbox in the back, the dog would have more room to run, haul poultry (of course), and store all my ice fishing equipment.

Until then, I'll keep driving my ol' Buick. It's not so bad. I was able to pick up 90 broilers from the processor and fit them in the trunk.

2800Lbs of feed in an Odyssey? I hope you don't have a wreck carrying that much. If someone pulled out in front of you you would be pudding when that feed hits ya......be careful

Holy smokes! 2800 lbs of food is 56 50lb bags!

I have a 3/4 ton dodge ram (diesel) with a long bed. I don't know if I could fit that inside even with a shell on the back.

Back
Top Bottom