my incubator stopped working...

newchic2020

Chirping
Feb 29, 2020
Hello im new at hatching. Ive never successfully hatched but this is my 3rd attempt. 1st attempt none were fertile...2nd attempt we lost them between day 10-13..(i think the temp was to high at 38.5).this one my incubator just wont get hotter then 30c on its own. im on day 11...4 eggs WERE all moving yesterday :( i now only see 2 move around. its a cheep amazon incubator sigh....i just now put a lamp shinning on the dome if it and the temps rising...i know its not sufficient enough because there is no humidity but with everything thats going on with covid my husband got off late from work he cant get to tractor supply until tomorrow.....anything i can do possibly until then?
thanks

Did it come packed in styrofoam? Some of those cheaper incubators are meant to be kept in the styrofoam they came in which can help raise the temp.

oh no, :( i submitted a picture...it went up to 36 degrees with the lamp...i also have my candler on it....sigh

Attachments

• 20200410_221441_HDR.jpg
    20200410_221441_HDR.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 7
update...we candled again this morning and 3 were moving ever so slowly husband went and bought a new incubator and they are in there <3 hopefully they make it...

Attachments

• 20200411_111404.jpg
    20200411_111404.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200411_112221.jpg
    20200411_112221.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 5
Same incubator we have, lol. My uncle has hatched ducks, geese, and quails with it before he upgraded and gave it to my son. I've hatched 2 dozen chickens with it so far and have 20 quails in it now. Doesn't look like you have the turner so make sure you do that. Only suggestion I have is ignore the water tray and keep a soaked kitchen sponge on the wire. The turner costs almost as much as the incubator but IMHO well worth its cost.

my husband didnt get the turner...i didnt notice anything about it until i was reading the instructions lol. i was hand turning 3x a day anyhow...thanks for that info with the sponge. we did put some water but i will do that for next time. seems that it would just make things easier...so last night we candled and the babies were bouncing all over the place <3 im so happy! i whispered "welcome back baby" as i checked each one....1, my white egg, didnt make it, theres no movement and it looks like the veins are melting :(

Back
Top Bottom