My Juvenile Chick broke her wing PLEASE HELP 😭

Pics

Raptae

Chirping
Mar 14, 2023
I heard a loud thud at 3:20 in the morning. I turned on the lights and I saw her dragging her wing while she was crying in pain. She broke the tip of her wing. It broke through the skin and It was bleeding. Idk what to do! None of the vets are up at 4 in the morning!!! I have no Gauge Strips or Vet Straps!!! I don't know what to do! My poor baby girl!! 😭😭

She has a compound fracture of the wing tip. This means the bone is broken completely and cannot just be held in place with a popsicle stick and some gauze.
It must be set or amputated. Sorry for the bad news. When does your vet open? I would call asap. Thoughts and prayers with you and your chicken.
One more question is it continuing to bleed?

She has a compound fracture of the wing tip. This means the bone is broken completely and cannot just be held in place with a popsicle stick and some gauze.
It must be set or amputated. Sorry for the bad news. When does your vet open? I would call asap. Thoughts and prayers with you and your chicken.
One more question is it continuing to bleed?
A vet where I live opens at 8 in the morning... ;-;
No...I don't think it's bleeding anymore...
I know I have to get the broken tip snapped back into place. It's why I need to get a professional as soon as possible. I just hope my mother would help me or one of my family members drive me to a wild sanctuary.

If she isn't continuing to bleed you could use the popsicle stick and gauze method, but Muffin's wing tip will heal and always look wonky. My main concern is her pain level.
I don't know if she will continue to be in pain if the bone heals wonky. As it is the wing tip, it seems it wouldn't matter if it looks funny.
I do not think this is life threatening and I am a Critical Care trained RN. I just hate for her to be in pain, as well as you

If she isn't continuing to bleed you could use the popsicle stick and gauze method, but Muffin's wing tip will heal and always look wonky. My main concern is her pain level.
I don't know if she will continue to be in pain if the bone heals wonky. As it is the wing tip, it seems it wouldn't matter if it looks funny.
I do not think this is life threatening and I am a Critical Care trained RN. I just hate for her to be in pain, as well as you
She's sleeping right now... It just hurts when she moves or when I touch it.

:frow Welcome from New Orleans, by the way.
That's good that she is able to sleep, she cannot be in too much pain if she is sleeping.
Let her cuddle and rest. Can you bring her inside, or are you in a warm part of the country?

How do I do the popsicle stick method?
I don't have gauzes...
:frow Welcome from New Orleans, by the way.
That's good that she is able to sleep, she cannot be in too much pain if she is sleeping.
Let her cuddle and rest. Can you bring her inside, or are you in a warm part of the country?
She was in my bedroom... She was perching on a box. I think she slipped and banged her wing on the side of the box hard. I've been raising six baby factory farm chickens in my bedroom. I got them on November 17, 2022.
I adopted them and they weren't even a day old when I got them.

Back
Top Bottom