My kids love chickens/what about yours?

Alleyoops25

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
Colorado
Just wanted to show you guys My three biggest chicken fans. My oldest is my daughter Erin who is gretting ready to turn 9 in June. My middle child is Ethan and he just turned 4 in May, and then my youngest is Jacob, and he is 13 months old. It is because of these kids (especailly Erin and Ethan) we have chickens. They fell in love with our first hen Which we had given to us by our nieghbor to butcher. After they saved this poor hen we built a small coop for her. And then we were given a Roo. to keep her company. Now two years later we have 39 chickens, and another chicken fan (jacob). My duaghter is now doing a poultry breeding project for 4-H and hasbeen using her free time to care for play with and study about different poultry breeds. My two boys love to play with the chickens, especailly the chicks .I don't think we will ever be able to butcher a chicken again.Anyway These are my babies. Do any of you
Picture017.jpg
guys also have avid Chicken fans?

Very cute!!!

I have two kiddies, but no chicks - everytime I spot a picture I call the kids - who ever is closest and say "do you want that one?"
The answer is ALWAYS YES!!
lol.png
lol.png

newlongtailpens1.jpg

Here is my son... He LOVES the birds... He has several breeds of his own. And he is my partner.. Hes been helping me build coops, feed birds, gather eggs since he was old enough to reach into a nest and swig a hammer
smile.png
Hes 13 now...
My daughter on the other hand cant stand chickens.. Or any birds.. If its a baby she likes it, but once it gets feathers and looks like a bird she dont like them anymore.. She literally was chased from the barn screaming at the top of her lungs by a 2 lb 9 inch tall banty roo... All he wanted was a treat LOL He wasnt even being mean.. Faster she ran the faster he ran LOL.. Was hysterical...Oh and shes 5'2 and is 16 LOL..

Last edited:
Hey Royal Oaks can I borrow your son,
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
. I need a new coop buil;t and my husband has promised to have it done last August!!!! All that is started of it is for posts that will make part of the yard. Can you guess who did that......ME!!! HE seems so smart and difenitly good with tools. I think all of us could use him for a week or two each. I got first dibbs!!!:lol:No really he looks like a very good kid. Is he in 4-H? And I bet he is home schooled right? YOu duaghter riminds me of a friend of mine who I baby sit for. I geuss there was a movie out in the 80's where people had thier eyes pecked out by a bunch of crows or something. So when she's here she totally freaks out when somebody is holding a chicken and it starts flapping. when I firstfigured it out , my duaghter brought out a pair of pigeons she had just gotten from her grand parentsand tried to show he them, and she about fell over back wards and ran to her car.:lol:She wouldn't come out until she knew for sure that they were put away. Its was so funny. Even funnier she has chickens of her own. But I think she makes her Hubby and kids deal with them. Anyway I love that coop design.

Are there any more proud parents that want to show off their little chicken fans? Evry body loves to see that there are kids who share the same hobby as they do.
wink.png

AWWWW! Kids and chickens just go together...like broccoli and cheese, lol!
Here's my daughter, she was 15 months old (she's turning 2...tomorrow
th.gif
) when these were taken. I've really got to get some new pictures! Anyway, she just loves them. Loves going out and gathering eggs, feeding them helping daddy collect worms to give to the chickens. She also constantly asks to go see the "bucks" as she calls them, she has a hard time saying "chicken".
smile.png

100_1698small.jpg

100_1682small.jpg

100_1684small.jpg

These aresome really good pictures, Mike also looks like a kid that can work hard. 16 mmm. better watch out for those girl friends nothing but trouble!!!And angie in maine your duaghter is sooo cute!!! She must be pretty tuff to that chicken is almost as big as she is:lol:I love kids, they makle ones life complete, I remebre when I got pregnant with each of my kids I always had those ugly questions pop in my head...How am I going to care for them...How can I love this one as much as the others...Oh God my a@# is going to be as big as a barn!!! But now that they are here I couldn't ever live with out them, and can't figure out how I ever did. It is so much fun watching them grow and discover new things about thier world. I am so glad all my kids share joy in my interests. They love helping me and making decisions with me about what new breeds we are going to try each year, they love to paint our egg cartons, so they look pretty to sell. I wish my kids would take longer growing up, my youngest is already a year old and I still am recovering from having him. My middle boy, I also cant figure out how he is this old. And my duaghter already is getting a child hood sweet heart!!!

Back
Top Bottom