My little funny face

paperdragonfarm

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 13, 2010
Albany
Hi guys! I'd like to introduce you to Ralph. He's one of my Bantam EE Roos. I haven't had as much face time with my birds as I'd like. I started a socializing regime today and found this! He doesn't seem to be too skinny, though the feathers under his face don't look like they've been preened. Which is weird because he has four girls of his own in a roo heavy flock! There's a lot in his crop, because he pecks at the ground and comes up with a bill full of dirt. Is there anything I can do for him? He's such a sweetie, even with being neglected for far to long!
Photo_103010_002.jpg

Photo_103010_003.jpg

I have a bantam EE roo too. I haven't had this problem.

Sometimes I think the beards on my full size EE girls look "wet" and I guess it is from drinking water.

Does it still look like this the next day? Hopefully it is just wet from water? I can't tell from the pic.

The funny face feathers wasn't my major concern. I suspect it could just be the season shift. What's got me worried is that one side of his face is majorly deformed with the eye higher on his head on one side. The pictures don't show it very well, but his beak scissors as well. I'll see if I can get some one to hold him while I take some better head on pics.

I don't see the beak problem from the photo but, see what you mean about his eye. Has he always been like this? I had a puppy that had one eye noticeably higher than the other and I'm guessing it always was that way. Other people didn't seem to notice but, to me it stood out like a neon sign 10 feet tall. He was perfectly fine otherwise.

People can have anomalies also, one ear higher than the other, extremely pronounced brow.etc. I remember on some tv show that they displayed photos of the right and left sides of a persons face to show they didn't match up. In this instance it was Richard Nixon .

If he's eating and seems healthy otherwise, I don't think I'd be too concerned. He certainly has character!
I would keep a close eye on his beak if it crosses, that can become more pronounced and interfere with eating. I have a little Parakeet with crossed beak who has never been able to feed herself. Her mate feeds her every day and has since she was a baby, and she's almost 3 years old now.

I have a scissored beak baby... and she "snarks". I believe she has a deviated septum...
lau.gif
. My hubby calls her Fran Drescher due to her 'unfortunate' voice. I love her, that's all that matters. So he's a little different. If he is a sweetheart... just spoil him rotten.

D

Back
Top Bottom