My little naked necks

Lilchknmomma

Songster
Aug 12, 2020
So i have these 2 im hoping are hens. But i have a feeling i might have 1 of each. They will be 6weeks this friday. I ThinkThe one with black on the tailfeathers is a roo. But the one with the smaller tail feathers is getting a little red near the ears. These are my 3rd and 4th naked necks my 1st 2nd are roos but I feel like they don't look similar to them at that age. Maybe im just being hopeful that they're pullets. Any input???
***Ps. Dont be alarmed by the pox im treating them best i can. Living in hot & Humid Texas doesn't help. keeping mosquitoes away is an ongoing battle
20201007_152449.jpg
20201007_144750.jpg
20201007_152449.jpg
20201007_144750.jpg
20201007_144737.jpg
20201007_152233.jpg
20201007_152242.jpg
. Ive had my share of chickens but naked necks are the only 1s I have this problem with. (Due to no feathers i know)My older roo had it before also but his cleared up already. I have these chicks away from all my older chickens so no spreading is going on.

How cute!!! I've been wanting some Turkens, but none of the people I get my birds from carry them.
Wow, is it just me, but does everybody's birds have the Fowl Pox? It's now getting me kind of concerned. Now I'm keeping in eye on my hens combs. Is there a way of prevention? Maybe my birds need to wear masks and social distance. :lau

How cute!!! I've been wanting some Turkens, but none of the people I get my birds from carry them.
Wow, is it just me, but does everybody's birds have the Fowl Pox? It's now getting me kind of concerned. Now I'm keeping in eye on my hens combs. Is there a way of prevention? Maybe my birds need to wear masks and social distance. :lau
Not really a way to prevent, as mosquitos carry it.

So i have these 2 im hoping are hens. But i have a feeling i might have 1 of each. They will be 6weeks this friday. I ThinkThe one with black on the tailfeathers is a roo. But the one with the smaller tail feathers is getting a little red near the ears. These are my 3rd and 4th naked necks my 1st 2nd are roos but I feel like they don't look similar to them at that age. Maybe im just being hopeful that they're pullets. Any input???
***Ps. Dont be alarmed by the pox im treating them best i can. Living in hot & Humid Texas doesn't help. keeping mosquitoes away is an ongoing battleView attachment 2364186View attachment 2364187View attachment 2364186View attachment 2364187View attachment 2364189View attachment 2364190View attachment 2364191. Ive had my share of chickens but naked necks are the only 1s I have this problem with. (Due to no feathers i know)My older roo had it before also but his cleared up already. I have these chicks away from all my older chickens so no spreading is going on.
Ah I see the edit. Good luck!

None of my other chickens have it only ones getting it so far were my NN. I do have them quarantined😂 since that helped my older roo not to spread it. Lucky for us it was just dry fowl pox nothing in their throats and its mainly on their necks and chest area. Ive gotten vertericyn poultry care spray to help them out and use nustock on any that look really bad but so far they're scabbing up and not getting full of puss.

My boys
20201008_105851.jpg
20201008_105755.jpg

Back
Top Bottom