My new baby is here!

JodyJo

Songster
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Colorado
New hatch! I had 5 eggs, ...one died last night...here is my first ever baby chick, I feel responsible for at least!

Easter Egger mom....and not sure which roo yet. Now to watch and see if any of the other hatch..we are at day 22...on 25, they all go to the trash...so I understand...

So exciting! Congrats! I am trying to talk my hubby into keeping 1 rooster...would love to see them hatch. I have gotten all mine as chicks
so have I till this year....love this...its exciting...I just hope they all survive...its a learning experience for me this year.

How many eggs should hatch? and sooooooooo cute.
love.gif

How many eggs should hatch? and sooooooooo cute.
love.gif

I don't know how many are fertile...she has 3 more under her, we will give them 2 more days...the other hen I have (also an Australorp) is sitting on 7. I have never candled, but think I will the 2nd batch and see what I see. I will post more pics..this is so cool and fun! I am going into this blind..not sure what to do...let mama do her thing, but I am worried about getting the chick water and chick starter..etc....

chick #2, and if I am correct a male, due to the reddish feathers on wings....only minutes hatched, still drying.

both of them together...

getting a drink!

Back
Top Bottom