My New Keets :) **PICS**

LostGosling

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Here they are!
smile.png
they're so cute. We used two broody chickens to hatch our eggs that we bought from Ebay. We got pieds, purples, pearls, a lavender, and one beige-like color (I think it may be a color cross). We bought our eggs from (I'll post her name later, mom has to look on her ebay accout) and our hatch rate was awsome
wee.gif
! We payed for 12 eggs, got 19, had 2 clears, and 1 died in the shell. So, we hatched out a total of 16 keets, 3 more than we ordered! They're very healthy, too.
big_smile.png

99558_dscn2168.jpg

Here are Clucky's first two.

99558_dscn2167.jpg

Little Red and all her keets.

99558_dscn2169.jpg

Little Red and her keets out side for the first time.

99558_clucky_and_keets_2011.jpg

Clucky and her keets out for the first time.

99558_dscn2199.jpg

Group shot! They're about a week old in this pic.

99558_dscn2206.jpg

Clucky with her keets outside in their cage.

Last edited:
thats a really good hatch rate for shipped eggs! congrats! love the different colors. youll have a very diverse flock
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think that the hen has a very large influence on the personality of her babies. Clucky has a very placid nature towards people, so her keets are fine for the most part with being handled as long as they can still see mommy. Little Red, on the other hand, HATES being touched, so her keets are the same way. It's sooo hard to keep my hands off them, though!
love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that the hen has a very large influence on the personality of her babies. Clucky has a very placid nature towards people, so her keets are fine for the most part with being handled as long as they can still see mommy. Little Red, on the other hand, HATES being touched, so her keets are the same way. It's sooo hard to keep my hands off them, though!
love.gif

Very interesting information! I'll have to remember that.

I'd have to hold them too...and squeeze em...and kiss em... and hug em....lol.

I think keets are much cuter than chicks.

Quote:
I think so too!
love.gif
They make much cuter little peep noises than chickens do.
tongue.png
They're also almost always striped in some way when they're little (I have a soft spot for any and all little striped baby poultry, lol!).

Back
Top Bottom