My new peeps!

BuckeyeAmy69

Crowing
Mar 9, 2020
NW, OH
I ordered 7 Buckeyes (one is male) and 3 Easter Eggers pullets from Meyer Hatchery. They arrived today in perfect condition. I’ve never been disappointed with an order from Meyer. And now your viewing pleasure, the first two links are videos.

Baby chicks 4/21/20 (click)

More babies! (Click)

2A511719-3D16-402F-A95F-06B86E883170.jpeg

They are all very active and feisty.

860D0A61-AD67-4A10-92E0-4E97ACEAB85C.jpeg

Why do they always have to stand on their food?
Silly chicks! :love

Sweet babies! And plenty lively! I have to ask what the green stuff in the bowl is, I haven't seen it before.
The green stuff is Grogel, which is included with each order of chicks from Meyer. You get a small packet that you mix with 2 Tbs of water. From their website:

"GroGel provides just what the chicks need in the first few days after arrival by giving them immediate nutrition and hydration. This unique formula of proteins, peptides, amino acids, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and probiotic bacteria are tailored to the chicks needs. Order GroGel today for increased hydration levels which can result in reduced mortality, improved weight gain, and generally healthier chicks.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 5.9%, Fat (min) 9%, Fiber (max) 19%.

Ingredients: Plant Protein Products, Fish By-Products, Condensed Whey Solubles, Super Absorbent Powder, Processed Grain By-Products, Vegetable Oil, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Vit. A Supplement, Cholecalciferol, Vit. E Supp., Ascorbic Acid, MSBC (Vitamin K Source), Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vit. B12 Supp., Salt, Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. casei, Bifidobacteria bifidum, Streptococcus faecium, Food Grade Dye.

Directions: One package treats up to 100 chicks or poults, 200 pheasants, or 400 quail chicks. Simply mix dry contents of package with 1/2 cup of water. Use within 6 hours of mixing."

Back
Top Bottom