My night time visitors

Yes dispatched with .22 pistol... I carry a Mini 14 Ruger Ranch rifle .223 in my ranger while working on property and also have a Marlin 917V in .17 HMR rifle at the house for any "varmints " that my need attention in the front yard or around the chicken coop/run ... caught a fox tipping across the yard ( my front yard is 8 acres ) with one of the neighbors chickens in it's mouth last summer , the .17 but a stop to that real quick !

A Tiger .22 hornet with tactical scope and illuminated reticle is my choice. The .223 in the AR seems to do a lot more damage and I don't know why. Really shouldn't.

I was REAL close to buying a Hornet in a Ruger 77/22 , have always wanted one ever since they came out with them but about a week before I was going to make the purchase I won that 917v at a DU ( or Turkey Federation can't remember which ) banquet ! Thought about trading it off but it really shoots nice ! Has the fluted stainless bull barrel and very nice laminated stock so I kept it and put a picatinny rail and quick detach scope mounts and broke down and bought a Armasight Vampire night scope on it for any night time intruders and a Leupold rifleman 3x9x40 for day time shooting.

I sit in the porch at night , have a smoke and deal yard digging Armadillos some misery.

I am so taken with the 5.7x28mm rounds. The velocities and flat trajectories! Plus the 50 round magazines I really want to pull the trigger(I mean buy one here) on a P-90 so badly. Plus able to defeat class 3 body armor seems the ideal all around weapon, from varmits to home intruders.

------------edit-----------------

The SBR and pistol variants really do not do the round justice.

I am so taken with the 5.7x28mm rounds. The velocities and flat trajectories! Plus the 50 round magazines I really want to pull the trigger(I mean buy one here) on a P-90 so badly. Plus able to defeat class 3 body armor seems the ideal all around weapon, from varmits to home intruders.

------------edit-----------------

The SBR and pistol variants really do not do the round justice.

All I can say is a Marine expert rifleman needs one round for one shot for one kill. 50 is overkill for us.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Lol I hit 39/40 once upon a time to qualify as expert, but I am sure a Marine would have done better.

When I qualified we were using A2 M16s with iron sites and these on the firing line. download (1).jpg

I'm told today's Marine uses a red dot scope of some sort to qualify.:lau

Jeezy creezy.

I always keep a .40 glock or ruger lc380 holstered on the belt when I work or go outside anymore.

Too many instances where strange dogs run into the yard with my kids about or random animals lurking with no way to neutralize them.

When I qualified we were using A2 M16s with iron sites and these on the firing line. View attachment 1253840

I'm told today's Marine uses a red dot scope of some sort to qualify.:lau
I just left service in 2013 and yes the iron sight is a thing of the past now. In my experience the red dot sight is mostly for ranges of less than 100 yards, and I do not like the .223 ballistics profile. You have to actually think about the range you are trying to hit vs a flat one.

Back
Top Bottom