My parakeet talking to my handicapped cochin...

Thanks for the compliments. Kioi appreciates them.
wink.png

Twitch was born with wry neck. When I feed her I have to put her in a big bowl so she can eat. She shakes her head a lot and misses her food. so I have to keep a deep dish of food around for her. It takes about half an hour to fill her crop. When she was a baby, she would take a drink and her head lays on her back so she would always flip over. I was always so scared she would flip over under the brooder lamp and bake. She spins a lot and sometimes loses her balance but other than that she's totally normal. She likes to scratch the ground, preen her feathers, and be in your lap. The other birds didn't know how to take her because she spins A LOT so they would stare at her hoping she wouldn't come close. She stays mostly with Kioi now.

Draft that is so cute. I didnt realize you could teach parakeets to talk so well. Now I have to get some. I used to have them as a kid. About your handicapped Cochin, I hatched a little chick out in one of my recent hatches and he/she had splay legs. I did everything to correct it. But he still holds his right leg almost straight out. He gets around, eats, drinks, and is a happy little thing. How and where do you keep your cochin? Is he in the house by himself or with another chicken buddy? I'm trying to figure out how to do this with him/her. Very tiny chick too by the way. Can you give me some pointers on what and how you keep your handicapped cochin?

Hi Carol
smile.png
Twitch is with her siblings. She comes out and stays with me when I'm home though. I Like to feed her in an aquarium because she throws her food everywhere and the other chickens will shove her aside to scarf it down. As long as your little guy is getting around, he should do just fine. I would be careful with him getting trampled or crowded in a corner if you have a good number of babies. Other than that, he should get along fine if he can walk good. Keep me updated!

Back
Top Bottom