my pet chicken help

I got this years batch of chicks from MPC as well...they shipped on June 28th out of the Polk, Ohio distribution center..they arrived at my door in NJ in 21 hours. Upon arrival one chick (out of 8) was dull and listless. It died within an hour. The rest of the chicks have been doing great and growing fast. I was refunded for the deceased chick within two days. I already placed another order from them because I was so happy with their customer service and with their chicks.

Last edited:
Well, the chick was clearly stressed...not eating/drinking and flailing on her side on the floor of the brooder getting trampled and pecked by her rambunctious litter-mates. My wife held/cuddled her A LOT to ensure she was warm/safe to sleep and gently forced nutri-drench and starter-paste (chick-starter mashed in water...about the consistency of thin, runny mashed taters) into her with an eye dropper every hour or so. Between the warm lap, peaceful sleep and the force-fed calories, she started to thrive after a day or two of TLC.

Back
Top Bottom