My pet Guinea fowls

I've been trying to rebuild my flock of six... I hatched 5 out a few months ago, two died ( they were not developed and one had a neck kink so I needed to take care of it) and the other three were perfect. We went out of town and had a friend watch them and we got notice that my African White baby drowned and that Racoons got the two pies. So when we got back in town I put eggs in my Nurture right 360. There were 22 eggs. Well, on hatching day ( today) no pips and there are five eggs. Yesterday morning I thought I heard pecking and chirping, but now I don't know. We have our next clutch of Guinea eggs ready for hatching, but I am really just hopeful these will hatch, or else that will be over 28 days wasted. I had one Guinea, Mr. Lavender, he did not enjoy getting picked up, but he would tolerate it and sit still. I would need to catch him every night because the flock kept on trying to kill him. Multiple times I thought he was dead. I would catch him and put him in an outside brooder, so that he would not get eaten, like his girlfriend, Lavender Gurl. (I know, I know, I'm very creative with names. I'll tell you in a moment what the other names are...) Eventually the bullying got so bad, I needed to give him to my Agriculture teacher. He is very happy with his Pearl girlfriends. I had to catch my broody Guinea hen, Ridges, every night two weeks ago, for a week. I refuse to let my African White baby girl get killed. The other names are (Pearl Grays: Male: Harry. Female: Madame Pearl.)( African Whites:Male: Soary. HighButt. Female: Ridges.) ( Royal Purple: Male: Guineaiss.) I know I have too many males, but I am WAY too attached to them...
Oh that’s sad that you lost the babies while out of town! Have you tried candling the eggs in the incubator?

Back
Top Bottom