My planned chicken run used to belong to my dog...

Just a quick thing to check would also be to walk down the run on the inside and use your foot to push at the bottom of the fence to ensure it's still secure. A friend gave me a 10x10 6' tall kennel that his boxers pulled the wire away from the bottom on the outside. I re worked the torn up chain link and used thick electric fence wire to lace it to the bottom rail. From the factory the panels only had a small piece of wire holding it about every 4 1/2 feet or so.
Trying to help you keep things out.

My chickens roam over the area in the pasture my dog uses for his potty and they're healthy, no problems. I'd just be sure to check the fence is secure as Folks mentioned. I don't see any problems with it, nice to have a start on a run!

Thanks for this thread. I was discussing this with DH the other day as we are going to use our dog's kennel for the chicken run also. Ours has cement pavers in place. The dog hasn't been in it for the past year. We will have to rework some wire at the bottom as suggested earlier and cover it. We were thinking of bleaching the cement to get rid of any lingering bacteria from dog poo. I like the idea of dusting the area with Seven dust and DE. We will then cover the cement pavers with sand. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom