My Potato Gardeners

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
The expert gardeners have decided to help out today in the potato patch! The chickens are taking care of the bugs, Gimli is standing watch and well the cat gets an B for effort😂
IMG_4046.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

I wouldn’t let them near your potatoes…
View attachment 3510965
My chickens have access to my garden every year and I have never had an issue with them eating the potato leaves. They love the beetles though! Not to mention on the farm growing up our chickens also had access to the potato patch. Never had a poisoned chicken. The only time I have seen a chicken consume a toxic plant is when they had limited access to food. My chickens have 30 acres to forage on and free choice feed 24/7.

Last edited:
HollowOfWisps said:
My chickens have access to my garden every year and I have never had an issue with them eating the potato leaves. They love the beetles though! Not to mention on the farm growing up our chickens also had access to the potato patch. Never had a poisoned chicken. The only time I have seen a chicken consume a toxic plant is when they had limited access to food. My chickens have 30 acres to forage on and free choice feed 24/7.
That’s good. I was just being cautious because I didn’t know if you knew. I wouldn’t recommend that anybody else should let their chickens free range with the potatoes if they don’t know whether or not the chickens will eat them. But a lovely afternoon for the flock! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom