My project needs help

I don’t know if I want them to be gold wheaten or gold duckwin, e+ but I want them to breed true. Any tips?
It may be hard to do that as all of them have a mixed coloring, including the buff, which isn’t purebred. They will likely have recessive genes and leakage. If you just want a mostly duckwing/wheaten pattern, that’s not too hard to do. If you want them to match the SOP version of duckwing and breed true to that, it will be much harder.

You think it would be possible to find one of the genes between Partridg, duckwing, and wheaten? and breed true to that?
It may be hard to do that as all of them have a mixed coloring, including the buff, which isn’t purebred. They will likely have recessive genes and leakage. If you just want a mostly duckwing/wheaten pattern, that’s not too hard to do. If you want them to match the SOP version of duckwing and breed true to that, it will be much harder.

What I am saying is that as my flock is mixed now will it be able to breed true later. If my flock is e+/ewh and e+/e+ and e+/eb , if I don’t breed, any partridge hens or wheaten chicken, will they eventually all become able to breed a true e+/e+.

What I am saying is that as my flock is mixed now will it be able to breed true later. If my flock is e+/ewh and e+/e+ and e+/eb , if I don’t breed, any partridge hens or wheaten chicken, will they eventually all become able to breed a true e+/e+.
My goal is just for them to breed a true color, whether, eb or e+ or ewh
Probably. It just won’t be a “perfect” example of the color.

View attachment 2535231
This is probably a partridge or e+/e^b?
View attachment 2535272
this one I think is e+/e+? It is also quite possibly my roosters mother or at least aunt. Somethin is wrong with her head.View attachment 2535278
Here is a EE I don’t know if I’ll use, she seems to be EE wheaten.View attachment 2535296
These hens are pretty much duckwing. The last one looks like a messy silver duckwing. Additionally, if you breed your rooster (assuming he’s duckwing) to the red/buff hens, then breed the offspring back to a duckwing-looking chicken, they should produce more duckwings.

Back
Top Bottom