My pullet just crowed....

chickmeme

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 26, 2015
My gold lace wing "pullet" has just started crowing???
ep.gif
Now I have two roos, a buff orpington and the lace wing. The lace wing is only about 10 weeks old. I thought roos didn't start crowing until about 4 months. the buff roo is about 4 months and still wont crow. wonder if that has anything to do with who will be the "main man" of the flock.

My gold lace wing "pullet" has just started crowing???
ep.gif
Now I have two roos, a buff orpington and the lace wing. The lace wing is only about 10 weeks old. I thought roos didn't start crowing until about 4 months. the buff roo is about 4 months and still wont crow. wonder if that has anything to do with who will be the "main man" of the flock.
Yeah, you should show us pictures of him.
I have a pullet whose over a year old who started to crow like a cockerel for just one morning, then stopped. It was very odd. She is a clown face, but no longer crows. I guess it was just.. I don't know, it was weird, but, since it's 10 weeks old, there is a stronger chance that this is actually a cockerel.

if the pullet is more dominant some will crow
smile.png
That could be the case, however she was rather small compared to the rest because of her breed - small and scrawny. The reasoning behind why she might not crow now is because she is at the lower end of the pecking order. Besides, it's been a couple months - things definitely change.

these are my red production "pullets" that I think are roos. they are 6 weeks old.

this is my first time having chickens so it has been an adventure. they are fun to watch and while my daughter has chickens that are about 4 to 5 months old, mine are much bigger, even on the same breed.

Back
Top Bottom