My RIR Roo Keeps!!!!

Chix-in-GA

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Nashville, GA
STALKING ME!?!?!?

My RIR (Ricky Bobby) has become pretty aggresive lately. He has always had free roam of the property and been more of a pet than anything.

The past few weeks he has decided that he is bigger than I am. He stalks me whenever I am outside and attempts to flog me when the oportunity presents itself!!!!
hu.gif

I was thinking chicken-n-dumplins...but i dunno!
idunno.gif

What do you think, just a phase or should he be dinner?

Well, I have plenty of experience with this and I can tell you thats its time to show him who is boss. Bribery and treats will not work. Personally, and some disagree with this approach, I'd throw out some scratch catch him by the legs and hold him upside down for spell while having a talk with him. He'll be helpless and quickly see you as the dominate creature. Works like a charm, usually after just one treatment.

T-Rex is like that he scares everyone but me, my DD only lives about 50 yards from me but she will drive the p/u down rather than walk because of him He tried that on me a couple times and I kicked him clear across the run, and now I don't have any problem. Maybe cruel but it worked esp since I wanted to keep him marrie

Rooster red, thanks so much for taking the time to create the references you have in your page - although I have a hard time imaging the little bantam roos I have (never had roosters before) will be a problem, it sure is good to have the info before hand as they mature.
thanks!
Rebecca

My RIR started flogging my kids once he reached about 6 or 7 months old for whatever reason. He was the sweetest, most gentle roo up until that point. I finally had a friend come get him so she could have chicken salad. Try rooster-red's tactics before eating him though and good luck to you!
smile.png

Quote:
While I agree with you in principal a word of warning needs to be thrown in here.

If you grab a chicken while it is eating and turn it upside down there is a chance it will choke on its food.

I had this experience and came very close to losing my alpha roo, so just be aware that it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom