My roo doesn’t crow

Chikenshiken

Songster
Feb 1, 2023
I’ve had this roo for almost a year now, he’s a silkies, he mounts things and is very wimpy haha and loves to cuddle but he doesn’t crow like at all. His brother who is the exact same age crows like crazy but I have never even heard my other baby make a peep. I’ve heard it’s possible for males to not crow if there’s another male who does, do you think that’s the case or that my roo is just super weird? I know also his brother thinks he’s a girl and torments him running around trying to mount him, could that also be a reason?

I mean I’m not gonna look a quiet roo as NOT a blessing because my other one is loud 😂 just wondering what could be the cause?

Seems like the pros of outing himself as a sexually mature male don't, at least yet, outweigh the cons of having to fight
My roos are probably the wimpiest Roos I have ever seen in my entire life. I don’t think I’d ever seen them fight. One of them is way passed puberty and he’s scared of my tiny bantam hen 😭 my other one who doesn’t crow just wants to be in the house and sit on my lap and sleep on my bed all day never in a million years would I have thought I’d end up with roos like these LOL
IMG_3649.jpeg

My roos are probably the wimpiest Roos I have ever seen in my entire life. I don’t think I’d ever seen them fight. One of them is way passed puberty and he’s scared of my tiny bantam hen 😭 my other one who doesn’t crow just wants to be in the house and sit on my lap and sleep on my bed all day never in a million years would I have thought I’d end up with roos like these LOLView attachment 3745865
He looks ready for bed with his beautiful blue earlobes ❤️

Back
Top Bottom