My rooster can’t walk. Please help us

Doesn't Mareks start with one leg that they drag around before the second leg starts to go?

Just asking since I'm new to learning about mareks. Never thought it was a big deal until I got on here

There are various forms of Marek's, a lot of birds don't ever show any symptoms at all and still are carriers. Marek has a multitude of symptoms that might as well be caused by other issues.

For instance limping or twisted/dragged leg does not necessarily mean Marek. It might be caused by worm overload, vitamin deficiency, strain trauma, insect sting (bee or else)... the list goes on.

There are various forms of Marek's, a lot of birds don't ever show any symptoms at all and still are carriers. Marek has a multitude of symptoms that might as well be caused by other issues.

For instance limping or twisted/dragged leg does not necessarily mean Marek. It might be caused by worm overload, vitamin deficiency, strain trauma, insect sting (bee or else)... the list goes on.
Exactly. That's why some of us have been suggesting to look for those things - parasites, bites, other health issues, etc. Gotta figure it out. Poor rooster...

Exactly. That's why some of us have been suggesting to look for those things - parasites, bites, other health issues, etc. Gotta figure it out. Poor rooster...

Yes. Lately I noticed quite a lot of immediately suspected "Marek's disease" as soon as there was something wrong or somewhat out of the usual behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom