my rooster is mating with my shoe...and not in a cute way

I burst out laughing and had to read it out loud to DH.
lau.gif
Maybe you could get some strappy high heels for your hens?

Quote:
Hah! That's pretty good! And the germ of a good idea too - you could put the now-useless shoes out in the henyard, to entice Mr. Rooster to stay in there. At least he would have someone to love!
lol.png

Yes, I officially went shopping for a new pair of running shoes today!! He does the wing drag/shuffle/peck to most of my shoes...but he only really goes at it with my white running shoes. I thought maybe he preferred white, so I got him a white hen (Columbian Wyandotte)...but he is not interested in her...just the shoes...sigh:( I guess I will find out if he loves these new white shoes as much as the old ones...hopefully not while my feet are in them!

I laughed as well. Still am chuckling. This is a great post...I will be watching it for more info. as my little Roo runs to me for love and protection from the big bad hens.

On another note...Maybe you could hang some white tennis shoe pictures up around the coop. You know to get him in the mood....

Oh geez... that is cute. And hilarious. He evidently loves you and your feet very much.

I wouldn't give up, he may cool on you completely when he discovers hens. I have been jilted personally by a rooster who once had a crush. He is still fond of me, but in a platonic way...

Last edited:
Oh wow! That reminds me of the chihuahua we had when I was a lass. He wouldn't mate with girl chihuahuas but would happily get romantic with my feet, the couch cushions, sheepskin rugs and anything else he could get his leg over. We never did successfully mate him. :-(

Back
Top Bottom